Notices

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
Whenever I try to go here: http://localhost:1978/ I get a page not found
Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
Install and start the server from the start menu. Then select Configure server from the menu to configure it.
i highlighted the part that you are probably missing.

in order for you to use knots via a webbrowser, you have to start the knots2 - server first (otherwise nothing's listening on port 1978). there should be an entry in the knots2 start menu folder.

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
i highlighted the part that you are probably missing.

in order for you to use knots via a webbrowser, you have to start the knots2 - server first (otherwise nothing's listening on port 1978). there should be an entry in the knots2 start menu folder.
I did this but they're blank files and when I click it automatically opens a page in my web browser and it shows that the server cannot be found

never mind...I didn't click "Start Server" before hitting "Configure Server"...I'm dumb

The Following User Says Thank You to Bondage Monkey For This Useful Post:
Now the other thing I don't know is how to add movies on the Knots server

Is it an overkill that I'm uploading 350gb worth of videos?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Uploading to what? You just add folders for knots2 to watch, and on your n900´s knot2 program you pick what you want to see and it gets converted on the fly and streamed. Unless you´ve got some multi-media server standing around there´s no need to upload anything. Just configure.

That's what I meant. Well anyways, I can't watch the videos they don't play and the local server 404's on me. I have no idea why

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
As stated before: First get your server up and running, than through the browser interface you can specify which folders (the ones where you store your media preferably) knots2 should watch and make available for your n900's knots2 client. As long as you don't have your server up, any further steps are pointless.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Philippines
hi guys is i was trying to download knots2 installer for windows but the link at the wiki site says the file jas been taken down.. anybody know where else to download it?