Active Topics

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Intrygue83 View Post
thanks a million. i kinda figured that but here is the thing. i have about 4500 text message from my clients that i need to keep. is there a way i can manually export my messages out and convert them to excell?
im gonna try your third option to try and repair the database. thanks. hopes this works
I'd copy the file to /home/user/MyDocs, plug n900 to pc, copy the file to your pc and see if you can open it with some application. db format is sqlite3. when you have the copy in mydocs, it can be pretty safely deleted from original location.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2010 @ United Kingdom
Look man this phone isn't worth the headache, head to a blackberry or htc if you're not willing to shell out for the best phone available on the market (iphone). You'll make **** 100x easier on yourself.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Atlanta, ga
Originally Posted by Bourdain View Post
Look man this phone isn't worth the headache, head to a blackberry or htc if you're not willing to shell out for the best phone available on the market (iphone). You'll make **** 100x easier on yourself.
so what phone do you think is better than the nokia n900 as a whole?

Originally Posted by Intrygue83 View Post
so what phone do you think is better than the nokia n900 as a whole?
The real question is: what phone isn't?

N900 in practice is a souped up N95 with a touch screen and a half finished open source OS, but with far less applications

The Following User Says Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Just a quick poll for any body that is currently suffering from this problem or that has suffered from this problem. Have you guys/ girls been able to install new applications or did you get an insufficient memory error? It is my theory that these two problems are directly related of which the root cause is a memory calculation error in the N900's firmware. Please, someone else test this if they are experiencing the problem to see if this holds true.

Thanks,
Kham

Turning the phone off and on fixes the thing for me - all messages are again visible.

BTW, part of the widgets vanishes again and again from the desktop.
No one will be bored with N900... :-/

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
You might run out of rootfs space. Look up the wiki for rootfs, there you might find an article for opening up some space.

Yes I'm having the same problem. My conversations are sporadic. For example, I get 6 msgs at once, and can only view 1 of them. All my conversation history has disappeared, and all my call logs have disappeared. This started happening about a week ago. Have done nothing to my phone of note.

Only app I installed was the level pack 2 expansion for angry birds. If I turn the phone off and on, it seems to try and download every conversation (ie. txt msg) from the last week, but then, nothing in conversations.

gsever, I agree that Root space must be the issue. However, I don't believe that it is actual root space, but possibly perceived root space by the Maemo firmware. If someone could please try and install an app when they are actually having this problem, then we can get a better idea of whether it is a root issue or not.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
The real question is: what phone isn't?
the real question is what the criteria are.

just keep in mind that if this would have happened with apple (friend just got all his data wiped out when iTunes froze completely) there is nothing to do.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:

Tags
misused tags, troll tags, troll thread