Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Really ugly error here having both /home filled to capacity and rootfs as well. You right now will not get very much going for you. First you have to get rid of some stuff to create some space to work with.
I would not think that anything is lost right now, it just is misbehaving due to the lack of space.
Do you have rootsh or open-ssh installed? The first would give you root rights the second would give you root rights from a PC.
Use this to display the biggest space consuming directories, but only delete stuff, if you really know what you are doing
Code:
du -kx /home | sort -n
for /home
Code:
du -kx / | sort -n
for /

Last edited by michaaa62; 2011-01-09 at 19:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Why don't you just copy all your important stuff to ur PC if u can still see it on ur fone & flash your phone.

That is much easier and will clear up all the mess..

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Why don't you just copy all your important stuff to ur PC if u can still see it on ur fone & flash your phone.

That is much easier and will clear up all the mess.
But all the settings, bookmarks, applications and contacts would be gone, because /home and rootfs are filled to capacity and no space to use the Backup application to save stuff. Just MyDocs might be copied.[

Try the WinSCP method if possible to view unnecessary files & then delete them & backup the rest,then flash the phone.

If you can view ur contacts in the contacts list then export them from the dropdown in all contacts.

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Really ugly error here having both /home filled to capacity and rootfs as well. You right now will not get very much going for you. First you have to get rid of some stuff to create some space to work with.
I would not think that anything is lost right now, it just is misbehaving due to the lack of space.
Do you have rootsh or open-ssh installed? The first would give you root rights the second would give you root rights from a PC.
Use this to display the biggest space consuming directories, but only delete stuff, if you really know what you are doing
Code:
du -kx /home | sort -n
for /home
Code:
du -kx / | sort -n
for /
I will try and download last time i looked all my catalogs were loading! I looked if there was a back up as i did one about 3 weeks ago, and thats gone too!

Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
Try the WinSCP method if possible to view unnecessary files & then delete them & backup the rest,then flash the phone.

If you can view ur contacts in the contacts list then export them from the dropdown in all contacts.
What the winscp method? How do i export my contacts to my pc? Do i use nokia suite?

google for WinSCP you will find it.it is basically a file viewer if ur on home wifi.

But you have to have rootsh & open ssh & ssh status plugin installed

contacts>all contacts (dropdown menu)>Export>Follow the instructions

It will save a folder called Exported contacts on MyDocs & then copy from there to PC.

The Following User Says Thank You to funkmunk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
google for WinSCP you will find it.it is basically a file viewer if ur on home wifi.

But you have to have rootsh & open ssh & ssh status plugin installed

contacts>all contacts (dropdown menu)>Export>Follow the instructions

It will save a folder called Exported contacts on MyDocs & then copy from there to PC.
Ill do that now

ok im trying to install rootsh and it says "not enough space in application memory, uninstall some applications to free enough space for this install.

Ive removed like 12 applications now still giving the same error!

Originally Posted by airjaff View Post
ok im trying to install rootsh and it says "not enough space in application memory, uninstall some applications to free enough space for this install.

Ive removed like 12 applications now still giving the same error!
thats coz ur ROOTFS is full..try removing the largest apps and then install rootsh.

Tags
my girl is gone