The cdc_phonet no longer misbehaves in newer version of the Ubuntu 9.10 kernel released. It works as before when I upgraded to 2.6.31-15.

Cheers,

eh i know this might sound stupid... but this happened to me more times then i can remember..

make sure your usb cord isn't hooked up to some external usb hub... for what ever reason this makes flashing not work..

I have to do it the other way round because of the dependencies - but after that it works perfectly on my 770 with flasher 3.0

I use Ubuntu 9.10 32bit

Linux cyshu 2.6.31-20-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 12 05:23:09 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Code:
sudo rmmod phonet
sudo rmmod cdc_phonet
many thanks for that hint

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Sioux Falls SD
I came across this because I am trying to install nitdroid (android for n800). I thought this was a problem with the nitdroid but I guess not.
I keep getting the "Error claiming usb interface:device or resource busy"
I have tried different usb ports, no hubs involved. I have used the modprobe -r cdc_phonet and also the rmmods that you suggested here, and I am still getting the same error.
Anyone have any other information that might be helpful?
And also I am wondering if I could use the windows flasher instead of the linux one? As long as it points to the same file? Has anyone seen a difference with the two?

Last edited by Willowave; 2010-10-28 at 00:17.