Active Topics

Notices

Poll: WHAT BROWSER ARE YOU USING
Poll Options
WHAT BROWSER ARE YOU USING

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
I was under the impression MicroB was closed source? Hence why no changes have been made to it (like mouse support).

Opera is a nice browser, which I have installed for use when I have a mouse connected, but foreveryday browsing I still prefer MicroB. Opera'a single click zoom feature can be a bit annoying.

I just ditched Firefox in favour of Opera on my desktop, so much better.

Originally Posted by tushyd View Post
upon double tapping, microb zooms attempts to fit the html object you tapped on.

if it's a div box it will fit the div, or it will to a paragraph...

once you understand that and know a little bit about web design, microb's zooming becomes much more useful
i may not know the technical aspect but i can tell you what i see and i see that zooming and rendering of page after zooming is better in Opera

A lot of Micro b is closed source so I don't think implementing tabs would be possible. Would love to be corrected though.

i dont why nokia want to have these stuff hard coded when they dont want to support maemo

i use both browsers. opera primarily for reading and microb for all the other heavy stuff (ebay buy/sell, facebook, internet banking, etc).

microb imho is a very good browser. the only thing missing is good support for text reflow.

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
...and tabbed browsing, single click zoom which is very handy , keyboard which suprisingly is very good, better way of copy paste

No doubt for heavy stuff and flash sites MicroB is the king.

Originally Posted by anismistry View Post

Circular motion is not use friendly.
I find it the king of zoom, and it is the only zoom-gesture I know of that can be operated one-handed with the phone in portrait mode.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to park For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by park View Post
I find it the king of zoom, and it is the only zoom-gesture I know of that can be operated one-handed with the phone in portrait mode.
single touch zoom in Opera is much better and it zooms to a correct level as per your setting

isnt there mouse support at the moment?

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
I was under the impression MicroB was closed source? Hence why no changes have been made to it (like mouse support).
MicroB is firefox based and just as firefox is supports add-ons MicroB got alot of potential I'm still confused why no one have made anything usefull for it yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to antezz For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox