Active Topics

Notices

For N900/fremantle/maemo5:
comix_3.6.5.maemo5v1.0_all.deb
libjpeg-progs_6b-14.osso1.deb

I went to the links for the 2 files above and download them. Save them to the N900.

Enabled Red Pill mode using the application manager. Then from the application manager I tried to install "libjpeg-progs_6b-14.osso1.deb" and that gives me an error of "Incompatible application package"

If I try to install "comix_3.6.5.maemo5v1.0_all.deb" then I get the message of missing application packages for "libjpeg-progs"

Any help installing is appreciated. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ming387 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jubei80 View Post
I use cbr pager just fine, Yeah its a bit slow to load, but I get decent readable quality enough not to squint my eyes on the fit to page width option.. I have gone through the "ghost rider heavens on fire arch 1-4" since and some "son of hulk" as well. Pretty good stuff
I'm using cbr pager at the moment as well, but prefer Comix, since it lets me use the volume keys to flip through the pages when I had it on the N810.

Is there anyway to map the volume keys to move the pages forward/backward.

I can see the option to set the "page next/previous" in Setting but when assigning it to the volume up and down keys it shows "F7 and F8" as the assigned keys. And after setting them, they just don't work and defaults as regular volume up / down keys when running cbr pager.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Aargh. Don't scare the users. This thread has a strong drift towards "Developer" subforum :-)
Endusers interested in a comic book viewer: wait a few days (?) for the developer to push the cbrpager package into extras-test, then install from there. It's already in extras-devel (tatitata dangerous etc.), and works well.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Ah, you're right, Twaelti... sorry about that. Thank you, though, Ming387. I made a new version of libjpeg and comix on the garage page and in extras-devel that might work if you'd like to try.

Comix should be in extras-devel now as well, with the same warnings about it maybe breaking your system but without the testing cbrpager has already gotten. (Cbrpager is probably much faster as well, since it is a lean C app.) On the plus side, volkey paging currently works (I'm sure cbrpager will add this soon, though.)

The Following User Says Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bellshill, UK
I noticed COMIX has been removed from the repos, what's the reason?

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Just from the non-free repo; there's an updated version in free. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the version that was in non-free aside from the fact that it belongs in free; I shouldn't have committed it there to begin with.

I asked Niels and Jeremiah to remove all of the free packages I'd put into non-free because I managed to mess up with a freeciv package... and really, really should never have used non-free as a shortcut because I couldn't figure out how to get the autobuilder to work earlier. This is still the wrong forum for it, but I highly recommend anyone who is considering doing the same to just bite the bullet and learn to do things right.

Originally Posted by ming387 View Post
I'm using cbr pager at the moment as well, but prefer Comix, since it lets me use the volume keys to flip through the pages when I had it on the N810.

Is there anyway to map the volume keys to move the pages forward/backward.

I can see the option to set the "page next/previous" in Setting but when assigning it to the volume up and down keys it shows "F7 and F8" as the assigned keys. And after setting them, they just don't work and defaults as regular volume up / down keys when running cbr pager.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
I'll see if I can figure it out, and then get another version committed. But I don't have a N900 so testing is only available on the scratchbox for me currently.

Nathan.

cbrPager now has volume/zoom key support under fremantle.

Nathan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
I cannot install comix on my N810 (43-7), because OS said libjpeg-progs is incompatible application package. Please help me figure out it. thanks

Comix works great on my N900 . But after I use crtl°+w to scale image , i can't use volume button to change page