I love mine. I knew of the current limitations going in, but still got it and am quite happy.

mine works awesomely never going back to my old iphone 3gs

I made a long way with maemo (from770 on) and I just can say... maemo5 is a stunning UI.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I was also well aware of the limitations, they arent limitations to me at all so I didnt really give it a second though. My phone works good and hasnt rebooted even once or done anything other mysterious stuff.

Now only to wait when the first fart app comes out... we already got the accelerometer lightsaber thingy! (<- That was meant as a joke...)

No problems with mine either. I was a bit skeptical about the resistive screen(yes i know ) after the bad experience with 5800 and after using capacitive touch screen devices like ipod touch since the release and Zune HD receantly i wasn't too sure what to expect.

Most of all i'm really happy to see good great foundation to build and web browser that kicks ***. Thought it's not perfect and i'm waiting more apps and support for the device, but only future will tell how that goes. For now i'm really positively surprised.

Last edited by tissot; 2009-12-06 at 22:19.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Just figured I'd let everyone know my N900 has no problems outside of a vpnc issue (and vpnc is still in development and has nothing to do with the N900 itself)

Keep in mind the people who's phones aren't giving them problems are not here posting.

Just figured I'd be one of the few that would tout reality. This phone works fantastic, it's fast, it's responsive, runs all kinds of things very well, and is a geek or tinkerer's wet dream.
Not a single problem with mine either.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

I am also very pleased with mine! I came from an iphone 3gs as well and knew the N900 would struggle with some things until the community gets around to them. gPodder is just one example of this, as the N900 is now better for me for podcasts than my iphone ever was.

My phone works great too. I love it so far. No probs yet. Watched the end of the Saints game and it came in decently even over 3g. Over WiFi it was even more watchable.

My biggest complaint is that there is not enough hours in the day to explore the endless possibilities.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The InterWeb
I'm really fond of my N900! It's marvelous, puts every single iPhoney of my mates to shame! Me sitting in the bar inviting some mates over MSN while multitasking with a webbrowser to a rainfall radar website.

It just looks good, works like a charm, very nice apps development going. I say developers: 'Keep up the good work!'.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
Mine's working great too.

I haven't installed too many apps, but the few that I have are working just fine. I made 2 four screen wallpapers, edited the /etc/bluetooth/main.conf file to get my BT keyboard working (using VIM... Yech!), and showed a few friends a youtube video about fainting goats (don't ask) at the company Christmas party last night. Much more entertaining than I anticipated.

2 things that I'm having problems with are audio related: first the A2DP connection to my truck's stereo doesn't seem to work right, connecting but audio routes through the hands-free speakerphone audio instead of the HQ audio. Not a dealbreaker since I can use a wired connection, but it would be nice to get it working properly. I don't see it happening with my stereo headphones, so it may be the way the head unit handles the input.

The other problem is with using the FM modulator with a charger (actually not using it due to lock out). Granted, I'm just using a generic car charger and maybe the official Nokia charger has some signaling built in to tell the phone what it's connected to, but again I have to use a cabled connection instead of wireless. I thought Nokia was including an adapter for old-style chargers, but I didn't get one. Was that just for the summit participants?