Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by mk8 View Post
Finally, today I spend some time to make some test using a real winform application on my N810 device.

This application use a config file, a socket and a nontrivial winform interface to show the status of specific software server. This interface use tab pane dock to the full window, a detaililed list, and change the color of the row when a specific process is in running.

I simply copy the binary from the windows server to my OpenSuSE linux machine and on my N810 maemo device. On OpenSuSE I have no problem with the latest version of mono. On Maemo device I not able to run the release version of application, so I try to run the Debug version with the "--debug" option. Now the application start perfectly. Here there is some screenshot taken from Windows, OpenSuSE and N810

Here there is some screenshot from Windows platform, linux platform and Maemo4 platform.
I can't see the pics.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Florence
Which link?

I try http://code.google.com/p/tomboy-maem...onoSbDevKit243 now and seems to work.

I not see other link

@eitama:
sorry, the post uses external image but not works. I put this image inside the post. Now I hope that you can see it.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to mk8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by mk8 View Post
@eitama:
sorry, the post uses external image but not works. I put this image inside the post. Now I hope that you can see it.

Cheers
Cheers, they work now.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Poland
Thanks for the work.

This might be a stupid question (and sorry for my ignorance) but is there possibility of running MonoTouch on Maemo? This would allow easy running of iPhone apps written using Mono. It might be even interesting GSoC project?

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Sorry, couldn't resist.

This thread is very interesting (it really is!), but where is the obligatory rant about Microsoft patents and the like?

Originally Posted by tomaszrybak View Post
Thanks for the work.

This might be a stupid question (and sorry for my ignorance) but is there possibility of running MonoTouch on Maemo? This would allow easy running of iPhone apps written using Mono. It might be even interesting GSoC project?
I suppose that is not possibile to use monotouch because the user interface library user in the two device it is different. Moreover there are other differences like the need to compile the code using AOT time compiler.

So if you want to write a multiplatform application, at the moment, you need to develop several UI for all devices that you want to support.

In a future probably you will use moonlight interface for standalone interface that can be run on all the device, but, for now, this choice is not suitable.

Cheers, Mk8

Originally Posted by Patola View Post
Sorry, couldn't resist.

This thread is very interesting (it really is!), but where is the obligatory rant about Microsoft patents and the like?
You can decide to use C# or not in you application, of course, but to have this capability, I suppose, improve the capability to use this device. I know a lots of developer that use only MS tool, so for they is not an option.
About legal question there is the public promise and the decision to apply it to ECMA 334 and 335.
I suppose that there are other technologies that have the same problem and are accepted.

If Nokia think that this can be a problem I stop this thread here and continue it on my blog outside maemo community.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by Patola View Post
Sorry, couldn't resist.

This might explain a few things?

Rant:

(*Adopts voice of Leo Getz from Lethal Weapon*)..
"Don't you hate it when you write some software and then get sued for patent infringement? Big corporations wait until you start making money and then they f*** you! They f*** you when you implement embedded filesystems and then f*** you when you write that nice shiney GUI. Even if you don't infringe on a software patent they still f*** you because you spend your life savings and sell your house to pay for the f***ing lawyers - and when you're f***ed they f*** you some more because you now have no home, no job and the big corporations have your f***ing money and your software!"

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Hi,
Could you make an installable .deb package for the N900?