Posts: 117 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ New Hampshire, USA
Yes I would be VERY interested in a Maemo podcast. I'm a podcast junkie.

You may want to check out "The Bad Apples" podcast for advice. The host, Klaatu, is just a great individual, and he seems to love helping people with Linux. He has answered every email I have ever sent him. He also records all of his podcasts on an N800.

Also consider doing hacker public radio episodes if you're not sure if you want to commit to a full on podcast. I keep looking for something to do one on, I just don't know S about anything interesting.

Armored penguin is no more? I liked your show. Should I remove it from my feed list.

The Following User Says Thank You to pokey For This Useful Post:
I too would love to have a Maemo podcast. Why not add it to the default maemo gpodder client? This way out of the box you would have a lot of potential subscribers...

Last edited by jandmdickerson; 2009-08-31 at 17:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jandmdickerson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Is there any type of video capture for the N8x0?

If not, is it possible to do like a reverse VNC Viewer type thing where you're controlling the tablet on a computer?

Maybe you could record that way.

It would be sweet if there was a full screen podcast that could walk you through various tips and tricks on the tablet.

I'll check out any podcast you guys record but I'd prefer something with video though since I have special learning needs. *lol*

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Is there any type of video capture for the N8x0?

If not, is it possible to do like a reverse VNC Viewer type thing where you're controlling the tablet on a computer?

Maybe you could record that way.

It would be sweet if there was a full screen podcast that could walk you through various tips and tricks on the tablet.

I'll check out any podcast you guys record but I'd prefer something with video though since I have special learning needs. *lol*
It's not a bad idea... for the moment, I'm just going to try putting out a first episode as a test and we can go from there.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Sounds good!

I monopolized 2 hours of ukki's time yesterday on getting a working VNC Viewer installed correcly.

It would be great if there could be some type of audio walkthroughs that I could listen to in real time so I'm not having to abuse others.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
I am a podcast junkie myself. And would love to hear one based on portable Linux.

Naturally, I think it would be great for a Maemo Podcast to be recorded on a Maemo device as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxinflixion For This Useful Post:
I'd be interested in listening as long as it didn't focus too much on Maemo5/N900.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
I'd be interested in listening as long as it didn't focus too much on Maemo5/N900.
I do not plan on ignoring Mer, the older tablets, Diablo and the rest. It all depends on if there's much to talk about regarding them. No, this won't simply be a Maemo 5 podcast. It will be a Maemo community podcast.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Hey everyone.

I've been thinking about starting a Maemo-specific podcast putting out episodes maybe once every week or two covering news, new software releases and tips and tricks for getting the most out of Maemo. It wouldn't be fully centered on Maemo 5/N900 either.

I've never created a podcast before... is there anyone in the community that has some experience? Anyone interested in helping or being interviewed on it? Ideas?

What do you think?
I had actually started trying to do that about a year ago and even put out a few episodes and had every intention to continue but I didn't have the time nor the money (to get any new gadgets) at the time.. and not enough people calling in to make up for not getting new gadgets myself. I should have kept it up, I suppose.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=23738

I recommend using what I had been using, TalkShoe. It will allow you to have a live chatroom and take calls (and have a system to handle it already set to go, along with the ability to mute and unmute, etc.)

I've been podcasting for years as part of the Black Rock Lost Podcast (http://blackrockpodcast.blogspot.com/) and we've used Talkshoe for a long time and it's been well worth it.

While I can no longer commit to a podcast every week, it would be a privilege if I could help out with any pointers, cohost or help with content or something useful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
I'd obviously include this Maemo Podcast in the suggested podcasts list of gPodder on Maemo, so that new users will see it and hopefully subscribe to it when first running gPodder or looking for new podcasts

In addition to a audio show (maybe keep it shorter, but release more often, like a 15-minute-segment every week or so), you could throw in some screencasts as video podcast as well.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo, podcast