Active Topics

Originally Posted by amebes View Post
dude nobody lost their mother because of ovi store. you just made a bad tech choice and now you're mad.
The point is the world is ****ed up, Nokia only cares about your money.

The anecdote is a true story, but not related to Nokia afaik, but its an accident just waiting to happen with Nokia's buggy software moving into automobiles.

I'm not mad because of N900, I already sold mine and moved onto a Desire . I'm disappointed in how Nokia treated and continues to treat its customers. Its a ****ing disgrace.

I expect this behavior from Chinese KIRF companies, but from a major player like Nokia? In any decently run company the entire Ovi & Maemo Team would've been out on their arses along time ago.

But whats even more pathetic is the understanding attitude from the majority of users here towards them. For a better description, click the link in my sig. The optimism towards Nokia on this forum really needs to die.

Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
Its called 'waking up and facing reality'

xD This made me rofl.

Prada, what is your nickname on Howardforums?

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
dude nobody lost their mother because of ovi store. you just made a bad tech choice and now you're mad.
Dude, maybe PradaBrada's comparison is to strong but I have to agree to all related to ovi store failures. Is not the end of the world obviously, nobody have died, but I put this that way:

Somebody gave you a lot of promises and failed,
you giving him another chance and he gives you another promises and failed again and so one on...
You still keeping some faith because it was almost like your best friend.
And then he came back and saying I have big present for you. I will pay you back the whole inconvenience... introduce it whole louder this time that you in your naive-being gave him another one chance once again.
And then he just laugh on you giving you s*** treating you as fool once again and you can clearly see he even don;t understand what he done thinking he made you happy!.

In the real life you should probably use your stronger hand and punch your friend as hard as you can. If you are member of some religious institution probably you could give him a pray for sin forgives or something. How you can express your frustration over the net regarding to company and its promises?

And what really happening here is we as community trying to play a second friend as replacement for Nokia failure because we see that present can be delivered anyway. Community trying hard giving small bits of this promises people are appreciated for that but looks like the bad old friend don;t care anymore and still kipping the keys to this treasure chest.

Last edited by devu; 2010-08-02 at 23:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ leigh-on-sea, UK
i agree it's disappointing, but I don't care enough to rant about it. I guess you do which should be fine too.

i love my n900 but I'm jealous of your desire.

such an emotional rollercoaster when you own a Nokia.

Originally Posted by Viipottaja View Post
Prada, what is your nickname on Howardforums?
Viipottaja

i agree it's disappointing, but I don't care enough to rant about it. I guess you do which should be fine too.

i love my n900 but I'm jealous of your desire.

such an emotional rollercoaster when you own a Nokia.
Sell it and get a Desire! Best decision I've ever made

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
The point is the world is ****ed up, Nokia only cares about your money.

The optimism towards Nokia on this forum really needs to die.
Give me an example of a corporation that doesn't care about money

If optimism died we wouldn't see portrait keyboard , vert sms , hex hack for flash 10.1 , thanks to Qgil we might even see MeeGo on N900 and much more.

I created this thread to see what people are thinking and maybe we will we see some positive moves from Nokia

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
yea but they might, trying to drive while looking at the phone due to no voice navigation.

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Give me an example of a corporation that doesn't care about money

If optimism died we wouldn't see portrait keyboard , vert sms , hex hack for flash 10.1 , thanks to Qgil we might even see MeeGo on N900 and much more.

I created this thread to see what people are thinking and maybe we will we see some positive moves from Nokia
Keyword: only
Alot of companies care about money, but not only about money, they have pride and love for their fans and userbase.

Optimism towards Nokia dieing has nothing to do with portrait keyboard, that is being/was done by the community.

I'm remaining sceptical about MeeGo on N900, but if that really turns out to be so, much thanks to qgil

The Following User Says Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Its called facing reality.

Fact is Nokia dont give a **** about its customers, N900 customers in particular.

Fact is the world isn't all flowers and sunshine, but a ****ed up place. What do you tell a kid who loses his mother on his birthday because she speeded to get him a present? 'Stop being so negative and cheer up! '?

Stop living in a dream world and confront others critically on their mistakes until they show improvement. Either that or let them fail for the rest of their life.
had the 5800 back in the old days?
ppl begged for kinetic scrolling and fixing the "freezing issue"
u cant run 2 apps on it at the same time
i think all their phones have issues
n81 had the "camera: feature not supported"
etc etc

Tags
be happy, don't worry, glasshalffull, haveniceday, koolaid, pradabrada, speaketh truth, thinkpositive