Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Any chance on having newbie instructions on how to install?

Thanks for the release on this. Can't wait to try it out.

Darn it all. I should have once again Googled my request before asking such a stupid question.

I swear I'm never going to learn.

Anyway, I found the install file here:
Kchmviewer

I just loaded up my copy of Cecil Medicine, 23rd edition and it totally can handle the size of it all!

FBReader would have puked on this.

Unbelievably fantastic Qwerty!

You sir are my personal hero!

You can come over to my house and make out with my sister anytime!

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
Thanks karatchov & qwerty

This is an excellent chm viewer..

However I have a query.. I can see that in karatchov's post ( 2nd image ) the content side alone is enabled with the TOC window hidden.. Can someone tell me how to enable/disable this.. Initially thought the 6 th icon in the lower part of the screen ( from left) does this. But it doesnt seem to work..

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
Thanks karatchov & qwerty

This is an excellent chm viewer..

However I have a query.. I can see that in karatchov's post ( 2nd image ) the content side alone is enabled with the TOC window hidden.. Can someone tell me how to enable/disable this.. I thought the 6th icon from the left in the lower part of the screen does this. But it doesnt seem to work..

I'm having the exact, opposite problem of shin on my end.

I've got a full screen now but can no longer get back to the table of contents or even change to a different page display.

I think I've tried everything which even includes uninstalling Kchmviewer and reinstalling it back again. I also tried every option from the drop down window in the program.

Where can I delete the history file for this program?

If I can at least do that, then I can bookmark the table of contents (which I had before) and not have to worry about this problem again.

Something isn't quite right with this release, so for now, I'd really like to be able to delete the "settings" which has to be stored somewhere inside my tablet but I'm unable to find it.

Here's a picture of where I'm stuck at. As you can see, I can't move to another page, also this is the page where the home button takes me, so basically I'm locked out from doing anything else.

Qwerty, I need a response from you on this one buddy.

Please post back if you can help shin and myself out on this.

Thanks ahead!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
@shin

Go to Menu -> View and the option is there somewhere.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Where can I delete the history file for this program?
Somewhere in /home/user/.kchmviewer/

Try downgrading to http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...emo0_armel.deb (that is a straight build with no modifications by me whatsoever) and if it still does not work, then, sorry, but *shrug*

Yeah, I hit all of the menu options already, and I couldn't get this resolved.

I'm looking at /home/user/.kchmviewer/ right now thanks to you. Hopefully I can kill something that's causing this weirdness.

Thanks chief!

That's why I couldn't find it... That little dot thingie in front of /home/user/.kchmviewer/ didn't show unless I manually typed it in using Emelfm2.

Thank you big dog!

Okay, sorry for the excessive, multiple posts like this but that definitely nailed it!

Somehow I had a bad history file but after getting that nuked, I'm back to being most happy again!

You sir can now do whatever you want with my sister, no more limitations on just making out with her! *lol*

Originally Posted by karatchov View Post
Can fbreader load a 150 mb chm file ?
Does it show the TOC of a chm file ?
Does it load reasonably fast ?
I think the answer is : no, no and no.

I never liked fbreader, I use it because I have to, and I won't hesitate to use another reader when possible.
Admittedly I don't read many large chm files.
I'm just getting around to installing this now and looking forward to giving it a try.

Tags
chm kchmviewer qt