Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
yes, the missed calls command works great have to admit that I wasn't interested that much in the number of missed calls but in the number of received mails/messages... thanks to ammyt and after some further research I found out how to query at least these basic things
right now the update interval for the sms/im widget is 1 min.
thanks alot

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
I'm actually using the "Desktop Command Execution Widget".
This is the result (just look at the top left and top right application icon):

The number is updated whenever I receive new mail or message...
geekgirl74, would you mind telling me about the widgets on your desktop? I would like to know what is the widget for the clock in the middle, as well as the phone toolbar on the bottom. Are you also using an alternative to the applications toolbar on the top left? Do you have links to those widgets?

Thank you very much in advance, I am really interested in using these tools myself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purple Elephant For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The topbar in the left is the original maemo toolbar, only the clock has been replaced with the advanced-clock-plugin. The theme used is the an-droid theme. The clock in the middle is my own mod of white_flip.ini for qflipclock, unfortunately it runs only under version 1.0 (version 1.1 is the current version), zurrain101 was so kind to test it for me with the current version, but it caused him some trouble, so I won't post it here...

You can achieve the same results with queenbeecon sense ui (there's a thread for that: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75014), which contains the clock, weather and the bar.

The icon labels are nothing else then tiny commandlines without command, realised by desktop command execution widget and then resized to not show the "invalid command" output...

Hope it helps

EDIT: you can install most of these tools via faster application manager, should be in either extras or extras-devel (I've enabled both, though I wouldn't recommend this)

Last edited by geekgirl74; 2011-07-23 at 15:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Do you mind elaborating on the "phone" bar at the bottom? It does look incredibly sleek and useful...Thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Elephant For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You can find the image here:

Just import it to a new queenbeecon as advised in the QBW Sense thread (page 1, first post at the bottom), then create a hidden beecon for the phone-ui and overlay the middle "button" with it. If you have phone-control installed, you only need to type in "phone-control --startapp rtcom-call-ui" (without the quotes). On my screen the left "button" contains the command "controlpanel" (again without quotes) and the right one "phone-control --startapp osso-addressbook".
If you use the portrait hildon desktop you shouldn't resize and hide the beecons until you have positioned each beecon both in landscape and portrait, otherwise you'll have trouble to find and move them

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
You can find the image here:

Just import it to a new queenbeecon as advised in the QBW Sense thread (page 1, first post at the bottom), then create a hidden beecon for the phone-ui and overlay the middle "button" with it. If you have phone-control installed, you only need to type in "phone-control --startapp rtcom-call-ui" (without the quotes). On my screen the left "button" contains the command "controlpanel" (again without quotes) and the right one "phone-control --startapp osso-addressbook".
If you use the portrait hildon desktop you shouldn't resize and hide the beecons until you have positioned each beecon both in landscape and portrait, otherwise you'll have trouble to find and move them
Thanks for the detailed explanation--I got it all configured and it does look very slick!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Elephant For This Useful Post: