Active Topics

jo123, thanks for your hard work on this project. I have tested the tool and it seems to work quite well. The only feature request I would ask for is the ability to set the Volume Path (under Setting) by scrolling through the file system and selecting a TrueCrypt file, as opposed to having to type it in manually. This would also be useful if you were to disable the ability for the application to remember the volume path (remembering the volume path is a bit of a vulnerability in the logic flow as well, since we don't want to easily point the hacker towards our truecrypt volume, they should have to work to find it).

Please consider uploading this to the repositories if you have some time.

Thank you again, wonderful job!

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
Well, I tried this software but was in no luck... I have put the container file, that is developed in Windows, in the MMC folder and is named TrueCrypt. So under settings do I Type /dev/media/mmc1/TrueCrypt or /media/mmc1/TrueCrypt. I tried both but there is nothin bein said and so I am unclear on whats going on. Can you help as I am a noob to Linux CLI based TrueCrypt

try creating the file on the device it should work

The Following User Says Thank You to mail_e36 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
jo123, thanks for your hard work on this project. I have tested the tool and it seems to work quite well. The only feature request I would ask for is the ability to set the Volume Path (under Setting) by scrolling through the file system and selecting a TrueCrypt file, as opposed to having to type it in manually. This would also be useful if you were to disable the ability for the application to remember the volume path (remembering the volume path is a bit of a vulnerability in the logic flow as well, since we don't want to easily point the hacker towards our truecrypt volume, they should have to work to find it).

Please consider uploading this to the repositories if you have some time.

Thank you again, wonderful job!
Thanks for tips, I'll check what I can do.

Well, that didn't took long...

Here: http://www.2shared.com/file/mEXGphOZ...100_armel.html

By the way, I actually tried to upload file to the repository earlier, but it didn't go so well. I tried both, scratchbox and madde. I even sucefully created *.deb package but from some reason packages were empty and/or they didn't go throught autobuilder (extras-assistant). So those downloadable packages have actually been created using QT Creator =).

The Following User Says Thank You to jo123 For This Useful Post:
hanks for making the update so quick, this new version is nice.

Originally Posted by jo123 View Post
Well, that didn't took long...

Here: http://www.2shared.com/file/mEXGphOZ...100_armel.html

By the way, I actually tried to upload file to the repository earlier, but it didn't go so well. I tried both, scratchbox and madde. I even sucefully created *.deb package but from some reason packages were empty and/or they didn't go throught autobuilder (extras-assistant). So those downloadable packages have actually been created using QT Creator =).

Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
try creating the file on the device it should work
Created a container in the device and, hell yeah, it works. But one small situation. I have created a location under /media as Crypt on which I would like to mount this container. Does this mounter have any chance of havin this feature? Its mounting on mmc1 where already my Memory card is mounted due to which mounting makes it read only. It would be great if we could select the mounting folder as well.

The Truecrypt mount command that i am using in xterm is:

Code:
truecrypt -k "" -p MY_PASSWORD --protect-hidden=no /media/mmc1/TrueCrypt /media/Crypt
Also after this command is executed, I expect the tracker process to take command immediately. So i type in:

Code:
tracker-processes -r
Also I have to run tracker on dismounting it. Is there anyway that we can add a tick box to run tracker processes (Enabled/Disabled)

Finally, if it has another feature like auto unmounting after 10 minutes etc, would be awesome. It will help forgetful guys like me from leaving my Crypt open makin it pointless for me to even use TrueCrypt :P. Hopefully, the "Sleep" must be able to do the trick i spose.

So Briefly, possible new features suggested (I am just brainstorming from a normal user point of view)

1. Possibility to Mount on any location in the /media folder as specified in the settings. If nothing is specified, should use defaults.

2. Tracker Process Enable/Disable Option which will run tracker-processes -r on mounting and unmounting of the Container or Partition.

3. Auto unmounting in case the Crypt is mounted for a more than X minutes. where X can be specified by the user and corresponds to the timeframe for Sleep.

4. Lastly, the possibility to store a Crypts address using a checkbox button. If unchecked, then it must forget on new session.

I know I have put in loads of stuff in here but all I am tryin is to make this awesome utility awesomer. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2010-11-06 at 06:39.

Thanks from ideas. I'll try to make a new version in few weeks if I have some extra time (not any guarantee though).

The Following User Says Thank You to jo123 For This Useful Post:
Thanks from ideas. I'll try to make a new version in few weeks if I have some extra time (not any guarantee though).
No Issues Joe, you have all the time you need. However, Thanks for taking the initiative to create such a tool that is user friendly.

Thank you again!