Active Topics

Poll: Which stage of the Maemo grief process are you in?
Poll Options
Which stage of the Maemo grief process are you in?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Everyone feel free to join us rodents at the bottom.
Sure, at the bottom rodents rodents tend to be the kings.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dante For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Depression because there are no feasible alternatives/competitors to this device. A sort of device I have dreamed about for ~10 years.

Late 2011 might be interesting but its too far away and I like things now.

The Following User Says Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
I've accepted the n900, but not nokia. I've made up my mind that the next mobile I move to would be an android doesn't matter how good those meego specs would be, I've learnt my lesson from both the n900 (maemo) and sybian devices...I'll use the n900 until it ceases to exist.

What made me come to accept the n900 despite meego, was this excellent community. I've also learnt that the n900 has a close relation ship with the gpX2 wiz and pandora community when they upgrade we also get a boost in our emulators and such (due to this community).

I've also learnt that meego would be pushing qt development and nokia has given developers the opportunity to port android and iphone apps through qt. So we live on a life supply of an excellent community, the gpx2 / pandora community and QTapps...I'm not even looking forward to pr1.3 or whatever as I'm sure it would be pretty underwhelming.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
MeeGo isn't interesting to me yet.I don't trust Nokia or Intel. I'm enjoying my N900 a lot. My attitude toward MeeGo is close to Indifference at this time. Think I'll buy the new Roku.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hi tex, hows life down here at the bottom?

what worries me about meego is that so far all thats shown up are relabels moblin and other intel focused stuff (to the point that it only runs on a device thats not generally available, or on the latest of the latest from intel). Nokia so far is a no show. And the communities ability to make meego more generic is somewhat limited by compile capacity, iirc.

Last edited by tso; 2010-08-06 at 19:46.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Here's some of my thoughts about all of this:
http://peakmob.blogspot.com/2010/08/...d-setting.html

Sorry for the resource-hog default template.

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
I've been in acceptance mode from when the bellyaching begun trying to ignore the anger mode of others...

Maybe an ignore state should be added to be poll?

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
I'm actually pretty excited! The N900 has served me well for the last 9 months. I was able to configure it to my liking, missing only a few things.

After one year usage I was expecting to buy a new device anyway, and I am hoping for a sexy N9 running Meego. Now, if Nokia cannot deliver, then I might look into Android.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Everyone feel free to join us rodents at the bottom.
I was originally tempted to put "with Texrat jumping on you" but I thought that someone might take that without tongue in cheek and hell might ensue..