Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by God View Post
The N950 is the successor.
I read somewhere that only 250 units will be produced!! Oh Sh*t Nokia, why did you do that? Why??
I will stick with my N900 for a moment befor jumping to yhe N9. At least to see if Real games and apps (not "nerd ones" (sorry)) will be available for it.
Back to your question, i Think it's Yes. In term of hardware and form factor, the successor of the N900 is dead. We are living in a world where people do prefer iphonish style than n900ish one. So No hope for you, it's deaaaad!

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I'll buy an extra N900 since they're going for around 100 euro where I live now. I will also buy the N9 though. You win some you lose some.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
I just wish there was an official "complaints about n9 and nokia and how it's ruined my life" thread. Then I could at least attempt to ignore it.
I still want a medfield phone, intel didn't dump meego, but i'm not gonna wait forever to see if they make one. Probably the first meego or harmattan based device to market gets my money no matter what's wrong with it. If all you do with your "phone" is play with the fm transmitter, infrared transmitter, write essays on the keyboard, and don't mind carrying around something people refer to as a "brick" then I guess the n9 is not an upgrade for you.

erm... forgive me if i am wrong but isn't the N9 part of the Meego Nokia/Intel contract, "we promised to make a Meego phone so here it is" and hasn't Mr Elop said windows m7 is plan A, plan B being to make sure plan A does't fail?

I assume therefore that the only OS we can expect from nokia is more Symbian guff? Here's me wishing that Nokia hand over the source for maemo and Intel pick up the meego pieces, delusions of a dreamer?

Originally Posted by lorul2 View Post
No this is a thread about Nokia just introduced a N series phone that is argueably less functional than the phone they made 2 years ago.
Which in turn was less functional than the last Internet tablet they made 2 years before that.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
250 N950's?
Time to rob a Nokia staff member! Who has a current list of staff? Preferably in Australia.

Tags
n9 rocks!!!, please close, troll alert, troll thread, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz