Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
You can file one at https://bugs.maemo.org/

Probably best to take a look at some other ones to see how it's done.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
I've had this happen some times.

In reference to this the N900 will not mount the MicroSD card if it thinks the back cover is open. Try taking the cover off and put it on again or make sure it is tight. On the back cover you can see a little square metal piece. This is what the N900 uses to detect the cover being closed.

If that doesn't solve it take the card out. Start the phone up without it and then turn it off. Put the card in and turn it back on.

My N900 did this to my card for the first few days. After me doing the above and making sure the rear lid is tight on it stopped playing around and has since consistently mounted the card.
Thank you. I couldn't figure out why my N900 wasn't recognizing my micro sd card. Turns out it was because the back cover was open.

Had the same issue. It turned out being a corrupted card, and was fixed by formatting it with a PC.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Hey guys,
I decided to add the NOKIA MicroSD card into the slot of the N900, But the device doesn't detect the Memory card at all. I formatted it to Fat32 and still no dice.

Does anyone have the same issue?
Anyone know a work around to get this to work?
please let me know.. Please!!!

I really hope this can be fixed by a few tweaks. I tried Xterminal.. But it cant find my MicroSD card either.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2009-12-25 at 10:16.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Solution found by try another memory card.
Currupted memory card... Got to reformat it some how.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Solution found by try another memory card.
Currupted memory card... Got to reformat it some how.
mine doesnt work at all first time it work and somehow it doesnt detect... and then I try with my other memory cards doesnt work at all... I need help..

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by Shini View Post
mine doesnt work at all first time it work and somehow it doesnt detect... and then I try with my other memory cards doesnt work at all... I need help..
try to reboot ur phone... then check it again...

Did you clip the battery cover back on after you installed the card?

The file manager won't see it with the battery cover off.

The Following User Says Thank You to That One Guy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Portland, Or
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Did you clip the battery cover back on after you installed the card?

The file manager won't see it with the battery cover off.
Seconded, if the back cover is loose a little the sd card wont mount. make sure all the clips are clicked.

Originally Posted by Shini View Post
I'm having the same issue, the pictures will not save to the external memory...It only works to internal memory. I know the memory is good because it works on my camera. I will stop by nokia and hopefully have a answer.

Tags
bum didn't search