Notices

It looks nice and it seems to have flash support , I can watch videos on youtube on page , just like N900 did . The flow of a video is miserable , maybe 1-2 frames per second , also scrolling up or down on website that contains flash looks like the phone runs at 100mhz .

Will this be fixed when they release the flash ?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
This is not Flash - just HTML5 video.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Nice

Installed and posted this using Firefox

I also noticed some lagging when scrolling

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
This is not Flash - just HTML5 video.
I didn't realise that, I thought it came with Flash. I'm actually pretty impressed with the way it played a vid at 360p, so if this is incomplete and Flash is an added extra that's coming next week... well that's brilliant

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
I didn't realise that, I thought it came with Flash. I'm actually pretty impressed with the way it played a vid at 360p, so if this is incomplete and Flash is an added extra that's coming next week... well that's brilliant
Are you sarcastic ? Because a 360p youtube video on my n9 runs like a slideshow .

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Anyone know if you can somehow force it to use the mobile page if available? Seems it loads the full website and this is annoying for a lot of the websites that I frequent on my phone

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Video of YouTube playback in Firefox on my N950: http://youtu.be/wix6oz5-iAg

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by slashd0t View Post
Anyone know if you can somehow force it to use the mobile page if available? Seems it loads the full website and this is annoying for a lot of the websites that I frequent on my phone
download the phony addon and u can change the user agent.

i am really loving this browser. i tried using it on my n900 but the lag just used to drive me crazy. now tih 1gb ram on the n9 it flies and is much faster than the default browser even on 2G. i can now sync my desktop and carry it around in my pocket

The Following User Says Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:
The UI is slow and choppy and the browser is slower than the default one and Opera.

I cannot use this but of course see the potential and am eager to see the improvements in the future.

I honestly cannot understand why people are giving 5-star reviews at Nokia Store.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pirvokkula For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tcbl50 View Post
download the phony addon and u can change the user agent.

i am really loving this browser. i tried using it on my n900 but the lag just used to drive me crazy. now tih 1gb ram on the n9 it flies and is much faster than the default browser even on 2G. i can now sync my desktop and carry it around in my pocket
It's so much faster than on the N900 that's for sure, it's actually usable, and quite pleasent to use in fact, with Flash this will be a good option. It would be good if we can make the UI more Harmattanised, and I've heard that is a possibility.

I would be interested in a Firefox Home, type of application, that just allows access to History and Passwords. Not sure if there are some libraries that can be used to build this.