Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
haha, we can dream, right? is it Q209 yet?
No but it should be next week

Im holding off on a 16gb card, will wait for a good stable 32gb card unless price is out of this world.

Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
I'm so pumped that N900 supports FLAC - no reconverting!

But, it looks like it can't read thew ID3 tags they contain - so I'm getting a huge category of "Unknown song/artist". It's a drag!

Am I missing some better way to tag flac, or is it the N900's player's fault"

Is there an alternative to the default player, BTW? I'm ot articularly thrilled with it, prety limited functionality.
Hey, I have the same problem, i have tried ID3v1 and ID3v2 and have also tried containing Flac in Ogg and this does not work. I have extras decoder support and Ogg support on my n900, But so far have been unable to get Media Player to recognise artist name and album title. I also tried mp3tag with no luck so far. Has anyone found a solution?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
You need to strip the ID3 tags from the FLAC files altogether, then use a proper tag editor which recognises FLAC files and writes the correct OGG format tags to them (this is entirely different from containing the FLAC in an OGG container). I use "The Godfather" on Windows, and metaflac on Linux.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You need to strip the ID3 tags from the FLAC files altogether, then use a proper tag editor which recognises FLAC files and writes the correct OGG format tags to them (this is entirely different from containing the FLAC in an OGG container). I use "The Godfather" on Windows, and metaflac on Linux.
Ok, thanks for the advise, however im still having no luck. I have extras decoders support v0.3 which includes Ogg support 1.05. I have have used The GodFather tag editor to apply a vorbis comment tag to a plain flac file with no previous tags. i have written the Artist and Album and saved this to the flac file. I find this file through Media Player on my n900 and it says unknown title/artist. I have been at this for a few days now and its driving me crazy, what am i doing wrong?

I've just checked and it works fine for me. I've also got the separate ogg-decoders 1.06-rc1 installed, so it's worth trying installing that.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I've just checked and it works fine for me. I've also got the separate ogg-decoders 1.06-rc1 installed, so it's worth trying installing that.
Hey, Do you have Pr1.1 installed? i have had reports through pm from other users that after the Pr1.1 update flac tags are not recognised. Cheers... I will try installing the ogg support v1.6rc1 when the servers are online.

Yes, PR1.1 with Extra Decoders Support v0.3 and Ogg Support v1.06-rc1. All the apps were reinstalled since PR1.1 (I had to reflash) so that could affect things as well.

I had the same issue with tags not being read or even flacs picked up by the media player. Can confirm Ogg Support v1.06-rc1 fixes this though

Edit: Forgot to mention, embedded jpg artwork in the flacs is not being picked up in media player. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited by Morphic; 2010-01-18 at 23:11.

Bump... Anyone know how to get album art to show up for FLAC albums?

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by Morphic View Post
Bump... Anyone know how to get album art to show up for FLAC albums?
Try using separate cover.jpeg files in the same folder.