Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Ace! thanks very much.

I think the sets refer to 3 different "sets" of favorites, or presets similar to what most car stereos have. At least that it is what the functionality appears to be to me.

I have a suggestion, and that it is to enable scanning, and automatically saving of the 5 or 6 strongest stations to one of the sets. That would be really useful.

thanks again, very much appeciated.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
1) Not sure if anybody else has come across this problem but atfer using the radio for around 15 mins it suddenly stopped working, even re-booting my phone won't get the radio to work again! The old FM radio app works without any problems so I assume it must therefore be an issue with the new app?

2) I wonder if future updates could allow the station name to be shown by being entered manually, whilst you are working on the RDS side of things?

3) I assume Set 1, Set 2 etc refers to the station names, if so, any chance of more "Set"'s being added as 3 stations is a fairly limited number?

4) Also the frequency of 102.20 etc needs to be entered as 10220, and also shows as this on the app, I wonder it it is possible to upgarade the app to show the correct frequency?
1) Sadly, it's something I can't manage. I rely on the Mobility library, and I just start and stop the radio with .start() and .stop() methods. The suddenly stops are randoms, restarting the app works to fix it, so I check if restarting the radio while the app is up works.

2) Yes, it's easily doable, custom string or rds data.

3) No, each set may have all the saved stations you wish. If you use the radio in 2different places there may be the possibility that same radio stations have different frequencies, that's why there are 3 sets available.

4) Yes, it's on todolist.

Hi gionni
Mind if I ask if this radio app would work on our country? As the limit of frequency in our country is 76.0 MHz ~ 108.0 MHz most music stations are between those frequencies but T.V channels(yes you can listen to T.V stations here) are located on the very lowest/highest ranges of the frequency.

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
1) Sadly, it's something I can't manage. I rely on the Mobility library, and I just start and stop the radio with .start() and .stop() methods. The suddenly stops are randoms, restarting the app works to fix it, so I check if restarting the radio while the app is up works.

2) Yes, it's easily doable, custom string or rds data.

3) No, each set may have all the saved stations you wish. If you use the radio in 2different places there may be the possibility that same radio stations have different frequencies, that's why there are 3 sets available.

4) Yes, it's on todolist.

Thanks for the quick reply, could you just give me a little more info. on how you stop & start the app as it is not clear to me? Do I need to use Xterm?

Is there anyway the community can help you track down the issue causing the problem of the sudden stops as the old FM Radio doesn't seem to have this issue?

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
1) Mind if I ask if this radio app would work on our country?

2)As the limit of frequency in our country is 76.0 MHz ~ 108.0 MHz most music stations are between those frequencies but T.V channels(yes you can listen to T.V stations here) are located on the very lowest/highest ranges of the frequency.
1) Which Country are you writing about?

2) This app works with the standard radio driver, which picks the freq range by the region number.
http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=36894
I have just checked a bit this morning, but seams that:
2 (the one I have) is for Europe region
1 should be USA region since freq range is 87.5 - 108 aswell
3 should be Japan region since freq range is 76-90

Everytime region is switched radio driver must be restarted. And you can have only one of those region ranges active at a time.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
1) on how you stop & start the app as it is not clear to me? Do I need to use Xterm?

2) Is there anyway the community can help you track down the issue causing the problem of the sudden stops as the old FM Radio doesn't seem to have this issue?
1)I add 1 more menu option (Restart Radio) which handles it by itself.

2) The problem is the FM Radio app is written in Python/gtk and it should handle the FM recevier driver by itself (http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_FM_radio_receiver), while I use C++/Qt and I don't access the driver by itself but with QtMobility library. Also, my Python and gtk skills are under zero:
(http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1...adiotuner.html). My idea is to use the state enumerate type of the radio class to check when it stops, so that it autorestarts itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Thanks for the quick reply, could you just give me a little more info. on how you stop & start the app as it is not clear to me? Do I need to use Xterm?

Is there anyway the community can help you track down the issue causing the problem of the sudden stops as the old FM Radio doesn't seem to have this issue?
I suffered terribly from the other FM radio app stopping, and losing audio. For me it was generally when system notifications sounded, and was a big enough pain for me to stop using it. Often the radio just would not work again until a hard power off. I think it was the chip being left high and dry by the app.

Just been using Qradio for about the last hour without interruption, and for me at least the notification issue I described above did not happen for me.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Brilliant little app.

Some things im sure you are working and some issues below:

1) Please make the station number have a precision, for example 98.2fm instead of 9820

2) Automatic Radio Station Name, it would be great if the station name is saved, or allow user to name the station manually

3) Once saved, allow ordering of stations

4) Add a volume control to the screen, I know you can use the phone volume but would be nice to have a radio volume that wont turn the phone volume down

Issues:

Sound cuts out when I get email or sms

Great work though

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
QRadio is an FM Radio application written in C++/Qt.
It uses the QtMobility/Multimedia library and has 3 renamable sets of saved stations available with a clean interface. It provides a fast manual search, a seek up and down search and a button to go to next saved station.

Actually on Extras-Devel (0.0.3 version).

ToDoList:
  • Saving stations with a custom string.
  • Working metadata.
  • Custom Station name.
  • Fixing the suddenly stops.
  • 92.6 Freq format.
  • Switching RegionZones inside the app.
  • Integration with Recaller(switch input to device > record) if possible.
  • AutoScan saving to list.

QRadio

The Following User Says Thank You to colm.smyth For This Useful Post:
When started, made funny noise, reinitialized bluetooth, and killed all audio completely (system notifications and Media Player too). Had to reboot the device to get the audio back.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Very nice.

Observations:
1. Always shows the message "No Signal", even when a station is tuned in & playing.

2. When started without the headphones attached, if the headphones are then attached, the radio still does not use them as an antenna. But then somehow the microphone turns on and transmits sound from the microphone to the headphones.

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post: