Active Topics

Also any news on the arabic keyboard?

Originally Posted by trohax View Post
Isn't there a lock switch for the touch screen? like on the ipod touch?
It unlockes itself when an event happens, hence you can accidently press something

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Don't worry the screen is truly excellent!
Probably the best resistive screen to this date.

Very responsive, just a tiny more preasure then a capasative screen (makes the missclicking a lot less frequent)

Stuff like sketchpads now actually seems kind of useful paired with the stylus, if you got a wacom digital tablet pen you can do some amazing pic's!

Well here you have both hardware and software lock for the screen, just choose

Also watching movies and pictures it's waaay better on the N900 then for example the iphone in every possible way.
More natural colors, more accurate contrast, 2,5 times higher resolution.
Nokia always made great screens and the N900 isn't an exception

Hope this info helps you a bit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Modell900 For This Useful Post:
This is how good sketch is with a resistive screen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRbnn7D3qbI

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
N900 screen is fantastic, (same amount of pressure i use with the ipod touch.)

No ghosting in movies, as well as a great contrast band.

The only notable delay is in the vibrate feature, not the screen itself!

I'm not going back to captive i dont think, im too attached to resistive .

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Just got my N900 the day before yesterday, and i'd have to say that the touchscreen is fantastic!
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

What about the arabic keyboard guys?

I agree with you alll. I do not miss at all a capacitive screem on my N900.

Screen works well but truth of the matter is the ipod touch's screen (and presumably the iphone) I found to be a million times more responsive. In the three months I had the ipod touch (before I sold it cause I could not bear to own an apple device anymore) I never made a single selection error but I do alot on the N900.

Using my nails makes the N900 screen far more responsive but it will never come close to what I experienced with the ipod touch. The so called benefits of resistive don't really matter to me. I couldn't use the device with gloves anyway and I am not doing any handwriting recognition. And I would rather not use a stylus and when I do it is to play solitaire and that is only cause constantly dragging the cards with my nails begins to feel like hard work after a while.

General population agrees with this which is why Maemo 6 will be capacitive along with the other popular touch devices (ipod, zune, hd2, etc).

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Screen works well but truth of the matter is the ipod touch's screen (and presumably the iphone) I found to be a million times more responsive. In the three months I had the ipod touch (before I sold it cause I could not bear to own an apple device anymore) I never made a single selection error but I do alot on the N900.

Using my nails makes the N900 screen far more responsive but it will never come close to what I experienced with the ipod touch. The so called benefits of resistive don't really matter to me. I couldn't use the device with gloves anyway and I am not doing any handwriting recognition. And I would rather not use a stylus and when I do it is to play solitaire and that is only cause constantly dragging the cards with my nails begins to feel like hard work after a while.

General population agrees with this which is why Maemo 6 will be capacitive along with the other popular touch devices (ipod, zune, hd2, etc).
Maemo 6 have been dated? I don't want to get the n900 and then 2 months later a new device along...