Active Topics

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
These "smartphone" gurus used to flock desperately to buy Motorola Razr V3, when I owned Nokia N73.
because, definition of smartphone is "that thingy with no buttons and big shiny icons" for most people. I started with R380 so all my phones were "smart".
And perfect one for 2016 would be some 5" with UIQ2

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
BlackBerry Passport SE + Nexus 5 \ Intex Sailfish device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jarvis For This Useful Post:
Due to the decline in battery life since the LG G2 (the magical port on the G5 is somewhat tempting in hopes of a HW keyboard although the other specs aren't that impressive), my ideal smartphone is swaying towards the Xperia Z6. Although The S7 is quite tempting spec wise. Touchwiz is disgusting and Samsung devices tend to be a pain to root, and port Sailfish on to.

I don't switch phones every year like some people. I got the Nexus 5 when it came out, before that was the Xperia Ray (the last Sony Ericsson device before Sony bought out Ericsson's share) before that I had the Nokia 6300 for about 8 years until it started shocking me whenever I put it on charge, and got fed up of not having a smartphone . I was tempted to get the Motorola Dext and the Nokida N9 of course but it never came to the UK at one point, and I could have gone with the Xperia Play, Motorola Atrix and the Nexus S. Not really sure why I ended up picking the Xperia Ray but it served me well until I got fed up of the speed and size.

The Following User Says Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
Do you change smartphone every year? I still use the N900 as my main device. Yesterday I replaced my dumbphone for a Nexus 5 after reading about sfdroid on the Sailfish 2.0 on Nexus 5 forum.
I think the Blackberry passport is idYeal for 2016.
Sometimes I change smartphones every month. But only between my N900 and N9 and back again based on mood...

So I haven't really gotten a new phone for over 3 years now.

My in-laws seem to be changing phones faster tit'shan underwear, but I think really every two years to get the latest phone one year and tablet another. Still seems fast to me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
SD 820 with meego inside, sdcard slot + removable battery, and with reasonable price...1080p is enough

Or maemo5 with latest chipset...

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
My ideal smartphone? Absolutely the opposite of everything that will probably be posted here. I don't want a N900, I don't want another smaller phone like the N9. I want something that will receive updates, protect my privacy, works well and is flexible enough to not be in the way of my daily operations and expected ways to communicate and/or complete tasks that are suited on my phone.

Vague? Yes. Has anybody done so on a mobile handset yet? Not yet.

With that said, a N9 with updated applications on way faster hardware and a much larger screen (I have big hands and older eyes) and USB-C connection and more RAM would be a good start since that device matched my workflow then; not sure about now though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Dual-SIM N9, with slightly larger screen and Iam in

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Dual-SIM N9, with slightly larger screen and Iam in
Ale you Chinese?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
5.5" 2.5d oled screen @ 1920x1080
14nm Arm64 multicore with Vulkan capable GPU
4gb / 64gb
unibody design with 'zero' bezel

oh, and Sailfish 2.0.1

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Ale you Chinese?
LOL Yeah. They could make it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post: