Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
So this 43 min mp3 worked with previous FW? Letīs just guess that mediaplayer has some problems with big mp3 files and their id3. Care to test it with another mp3 files?

No connection/server connection error could simply be that connection is flaky. Does it happeon on 3g and on different WLANs also? And about double tapping play. You said after starting phone? Do you meant that you have to press it two times after you have started whole n900 or do you have to always press it two times to get connection going on. How long did you wait after buffering message?

And now with a screen shot to prove I am not insane, I click the play button, it saying "Buffering" then I get that error. That error stays on the screen until I go open media player via another means.

try flashing with the middle east firmware! cuz this one never gave me a problem !! everything seems to be working perfect

Originally Posted by slender View Post
So this 43 min mp3 worked with previous FW? Letīs just guess that mediaplayer has some problems with big mp3 files and their id3. Care to test it with another mp3 files?

No connection/server connection error could simply be that connection is flaky. Does it happeon on 3g and on different WLANs also? And about double tapping play. You said after starting phone? Do you meant that you have to press it two times after you have started whole n900 or do you have to always press it two times to get connection going on. How long did you wait after buffering message?
This same MP3 worked just fine, it still plays it just needs some elbow grease to get there. I will test it with another MP3. I am on WiFi. I start the phone, press play, scrolls "Buffering" for aprox 1-2 min. Gives me the server error - that STAYS ON THE SCREEN until I move to a different desktop. Even on the main menu the error stays there, I am able to get rid of it by going and opening the Media Player App by other means.

After that I press play and after a second or two it plays. (with no album art of course)

If I restart the device the same steps need to be taken.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
xxxxts,
No one thinks that you are insane Just care to answer my questions in previous post.

.edit
And iīm slow.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Wait, you have one single MP3 file?

Maybe throw in a dozen more and see if the problem still persists. It could be that the file is somewhat corrupt and that you're phone's having a hard time recognizing it.

Yup, I got it up there. So far I have had VERY LITTLE bugs with my N900 - I can't figure this out for the life of me.

Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Wait, you have one single MP3 file?

Maybe throw in a dozen more and see if the problem still persists. It could be that the file is somewhat corrupt and that you're phone's having a hard time recognizing it.
Doing that now, I am putting on some songs from the Lion King Soundtrack, Massive Attack, and Marilyn Manson (I figured the album cover would be in every database possible)

Just got a new error message:

Unable to perform operation
Internal Error

i cant believe they still didn't fix the media player widget. whats wrong with nokia? COME ON!!