Can you make a category for "wallpapers that consist of 4 pictures"? (I don't mean loopable but like this one: http://www.n900wallpapers.com/wallpa...irates-stadium)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RDJEHV For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by joppu
It automagically generates the .desktop files now?
It does! I'm not sure how well it works in reality - I believe you'd have to have the .desktop file in the same place as the images (relative path). I don't have an N900, and my emulator is down at the moment, so I haven't been able to check.

Originally Posted by joppu View Post
Is Prismic going to be payware or what? You mention Ovi Store exclusivity there.
This is correct. The wallpapers and site will always be free. The google ads have been replaced with somewhat prettier Prismic 'ads' in preparation for this shift.

Originally Posted by qwerty12
Looking at http://www.n900wallpapers.com/siteim...mic_promo4.png, I do hope you plan on switching to a HildonFileChooserDialog, instead.
I wasn't able to get the HildonFileChooserDialog to work at the time this screenshot was taken. I will re-look into it, but I can assure you it does work well for what it needs to do

Originally Posted by jpw
One thing I noticed on the site.... if you browse "loopable wallpapers" and click on one of the next pages, it takes you into browsing all wallpapers.
Thanks for the heads up! I've fixed this now so it should all be working nicely.

Originally Posted by NvyUs
the new site does not render very good on n900. part of the genre column on the left is chopped off, so first letter from each genre is missing
Screenshot?

Originally Posted by NvyUs
the old site counted all 4 images to a loop-able set separate, i believe new site counts them as one
This is totally right Just seemed like a more honest way of counting...

Originally Posted by RDJEHV
Can you make a category for "wallpapers that consist of 4 pictures"?
Yes! I can. I will think about the best way to do this today.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
how much will the program cost?

What's "The Ambassador's Choice"? One of my desktops is in there!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by RDJEHV View Post
how much will the program cost?
TBD, but most likely $4.99 USD

Originally Posted by Dexter1759
What's "The Ambassador's Choice"? One of my desktops is in there!
The Ambassador's Choice is yet to be fully populated, but will consist of hand picked high quality wallpapers. An Op-Ed on wallpapers, basically.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Wait... I just saw Streets of Rage! HELL YEAH!
I spent a good while making that one. Decided to make the street wider than it was in the original game because the aspect ratio was different and was only 192 pixels high instead of the usual 240. Hope you enjoy it.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
here is screenshot from n900 site looks good but needs some work to look nice on phone
Attached Images

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Anyone figure out how to use the *.desktop files?

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
... I believe you'd have to have the .desktop file in the same place as the images (relative path). I don't have an N900, and my emulator is down at the moment, so I haven't been able to check.
I don't thInk that is right. I've tried it, and it actually causes problems. For example if the *.desktop file is in the images folder, then the background dialogue won't open and certain shortcuts and widgets are deleted from the desktop. Any idea exacly how to do this?

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
can we get some panoramic Dallas Cowboy Stadium, Six Flags over Texas, or Texas Rangers Ballpark in Arlington? (I loves my city...)
Here's a decent one, but not ideal.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/traveller2020/3167230413/

Here are some others
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4780006
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/1609614

Last edited by christexaport; 2009-12-01 at 01:39.