Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I've applauded the optics in the N8 in prior threads. However, having a great camera but a horrible OS; doesn't make the entire experience better.

But since we're on a Maemo/MeeGo forum; that shows up on the next Maemo/MeeGo product without the present N900 camera issues present... then I'd call that true progress.
I'm considering replacing my work phone with the N8 for my own money just so I'd always have a good camera with me. I'd say that's pretty damn good progress.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jnwi View Post
I'm considering replacing my work phone with the N8 for my own money just so I'd always have a good camera with me. I'd say that's pretty damn good progress.
You're supporting what I said about the optics... but not concentrating on my doubt(s) about the OS.

Camera: good

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I've applauded the optics in the N8 in prior threads. However, having a great camera but a horrible OS; doesn't make the entire experience better.

But since we're on a Maemo/MeeGo forum; that shows up on the next Maemo/MeeGo product without the present N900 camera issues present... then I'd call that true progress.
So Symbian is now a horrible OS ? How come you stick your foot in your mouth everytime ?

i think symbian was awesome before touch came into play. now i think maemo / meego is better suited for that type of stuff.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roger_27 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
So Symbian is now a horrible OS ? How come you stick your foot in your mouth everytime ?
Symbian is, at best, uninteresting. Especially for someone who appreciates having a Linux stack. That is, after all, the reason many people who bought the internet tablets and the N900 did so.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
What's so interesting about it now that Maemo/MeeGo exists? Seriously.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
What's so interesting about it now that Maemo/MeeGo exists? Seriously.
This, from a man hanging out on an N900 forum that does not have, nor desires to buy an N900?

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
This, from a man hanging out on an N900 forum that does not have, nor desires to buy an N900?
This... again? I own the 770 and N810. Ever thought that the N900 just didn't entice me? Or that... shockingly enough there are other folks that do not own a N900 for various reasons? It's unpossible!!

Guess I should just take the hint and leave, right? Sorry that I offended you, Mr. Forum Owner.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
HEY! This is NOT a N900 forum! This is a MAEMO forum!

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Yep, try to get some context. This forum didn't just come together for N900, there's already a community here around maemo long before the N900.

It was actually used to be called ITT. InternetTabletTalk forum.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
stop the hate