Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
You can also install the LED Patterns app, it allows you to change all the led notifications including the one for recording.
that can only change webcam LED, not the primary camera's light diode

I installed LED pattern , i found it in the settings , i located the red led for video recording,i pressed something in those setings something like intervals , then pressed the test , there wasnt red light. But then it asked me to copy a line and reset the n900....and am afraid of doing that,coz i use first time linux,is there any chance turning off that LED without going into x_terminal?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Swirnoff View Post
that can only change webcam LED, not the primary camera's light diode
Um, thanks. I thought we already established (a few posts further on from the one you quoted) that I was mistaken on this because I didn't realise there was a red light by the camera.

Originally Posted by oliforum View Post
I installed LED pattern , i found it in the settings , i located the red led for video recording,i pressed something in those setings something like intervals , then pressed the test , there wasnt red light. But then it asked me to copy a line and reset the n900....and am afraid of doing that,coz i use first time linux,is there any chance turning off that LED without going into x_terminal?
Let's be clear because I misunderstood the issue earlier. LED Patterns only controls the LED next to the screen, not the red light on the flash next to the camera.

Now I'll continue on the assumption that it is the notification LED next to the screen you want to control. Because LED Patterns makes changes to an important system file (/etc/mce/mce.ini), it gives you a choice to let you examine the changes and apply them yourself if that is what you want. The changes it makes should be safe (never caused any problems for me) so you can, if you want, ask LED Patterns to save the changes and restart mce (just look for the option in the menu). You may also want to save a copy of /etc/mce/mce.ini somewhere before you make any changes, just in case.