Active Topics

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
I'm in the same boat with the battery. I'm to the point of trying to get another n900 or replacing the battery. Either way something isnt right

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

umm iPhone does NOT have a constant 3G data connection I can tell you that much.

make sure to shut off data connections when ur not using data to save battery as well.

Originally Posted by flux41 View Post
Also, I forgot to mention that after a week it seemed like the battery life got better regardless. I do not know how to explain this, but it just did.
Yep noticing this too on mine.

Originally Posted by archzai View Post
umm iPhone does NOT have a constant 3G data connection I can tell you that much.

make sure to shut off data connections when ur not using data to save battery as well.
yep, true about the iphone and that is what people don't understand. What Nokia should have done was provide a profile that will allow n900 to turn off 3g when no 3g/data activity going on...

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I found that disabling skype from being always online improved my battery life dramatically. Which is I guess to be expected but still a bit disappointing

i have always had location/gps off. i removed all widgets, turned wifi searching off, brightness on 2 bars, etc. im starting to think its pretty lame to have a phone thats supposed to multitask and have a nice ui with widgets but i cant because the battery will only go 4 hours lol.

i also have rootsh installed...maybe thats the reason?

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by cyi1 View Post
i also have rootsh installed...maybe thats the reason?
No way. Rootsh installs some files but doesn't leave any process running.

Regards,
Roger

Can I ask you guys why you aren't keeping your phone plugged in to the wall at night? It seems that would solve your battery being dead/alarm not going off in the morning problems.

Originally Posted by wigglemeyer View Post
Can I ask you guys why you aren't keeping your phone plugged in to the wall at night? It seems that would solve your battery being dead/alarm not going off in the morning problems.
That's what I usually do. But leaving the N900 unplugged over night is the best way to test it idling (e.g. no user interaction).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-12-17 at 18:20.

well when the battery is really low i charge it overnight... but it had at least 30 % and died idling.....

The Following User Says Thank You to cyi1 For This Useful Post: