Active Topics

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
My latest 'disruption' in my bathroom 'ecosystem' has ruined the plumbing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
LOL I loved it when Elop talked about being the 3rd ecosystem, while the camera panned across the audience - all I saw was Blackberry to the left, Blackberry to the right...

Didn't see many people taking notes on Nokias!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
[queue movie-guy voice]
From the producers of Windows Millennium...
and the directors of Nokia's ANGRY MAN...

Comes a new peek into your worst nightmares....

NOKIA N8-ME BRAINS!

Coming soon to a Windows Phone 7 retailer near you! ...if you can find one!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
LOL I loved it when Elop talked about being the 3rd ecosystem, while the camera panned across the audience - all I saw was Blackberry to the left, Blackberry to the right...

Didn't see many people taking notes on Nokias!
You know that could have been a good plan from Elop... What I mean is the security aspect of smart phones. More and more people* are waking up to the fact that these things are big holes in their security policy and banning them at work. A few sensible people realise that they carry their lives on these things and ID theft is horrible.

Elop could have made a smartphone that was a consumer phone, but as secure as a BB*... Shame I don't think WP7 isn't fips certified!

*people - as in security officers and managers

*BB - Yah I know it can be brought off the shelf but it does have that rep of being a work phone:

http://www.geek.com/articles/news/ma...phone-2011028/

This guy think he still works for microsoft! Wake up guy! You're Nokia's CEO! Your competitors are not android and google but Samsung LG HTC Mototola because like them you make hadware! That"s why Elop is a trojan horse!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gruik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cesman View Post
Interesting interview.
I am terribly sorry, but looking the still picture of the video it seems that two ******ed guys are in an expo...

e: **** = behinderte auf Deutsch
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2011-02-16 at 08:21.

i love my n900 but fear that when i up grade i will have to go andriod. Because nokia wont get there act together with mego , and i fear more that the microsoft stooge CEO will sell qt and other Open source endevours down the drain while inchage at nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snostorm For This Useful Post:
For some reason, even the thread title "Interview w/ Elop" is enough to provoke me these days.

I don't see how this person can talk about creating a third, big ecosystem with Microsoft, when he just landed a killing stab in the back of the ecosystem chosen by the most buyers in the world. How is the WP7 ecosystem bigger than the Symbian one? Is he really thinking that because Ovi Store sucks, Nokia has no ecosystem? If so, that means he's not talking about ecosystems at all, but app sales percentages.

Yeah, Google and Apple have better ecosystems, but it's like Symbian never existed.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@Volt: do you have symbian 'ecosystem' numbers?
I know they sold the most candybar\featurephones, but in terms of apps and contents channeled through Nokia-controlled ecosystems, I'd be surprised if the numbers are any good.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@Volt: do you have symbian 'ecosystem' numbers?
I know they sold the most candybar\featurephones, but in terms of apps and contents channeled through Nokia-controlled ecosystems, I'd be surprised if the numbers are any good.
isnt the ovi store the 2nd largest after the apple app store?

Tags
bada rox, eflop, is a loser, loose cannon, the horror!, thepain-thepain