Active Topics

Notices

Thanks indeed. As was discussed on Twitter, your plugin really goes to show how stand alone "apps" are not really required on the N900 so much, it really sheds a different light on how much integration can be done with services.

That isn't to say a stand alone variation couldn't be as successful, but it would lack the nice integration into Conversations, the Notification system which is already fairly decent. And of course, the biggest reason is that a stand alone app would need to be active, and potentially be draining that much more battery while this may be using less!

Which, is the way of the internet right? I don't recall you mentioning character counts on twitter, are you working on implementing those? Nirave is really looking forward to them! :P

The Following User Says Thank You to Inacurate For This Useful Post:
Wow. This looks awesome. I'll start testing it right away.

The direction Witter and Mauku UI and functionality have gone has frustrated me (I'm coming from the Twitter power-user app Twikini on the WinMo platform). Integrating Twitter access into the existing IM/Converations app is simply brilliant.

Congrats on releasing this, and keep up the great work!

Happy to field questions where I can help.
================================================

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
An automatic URL shortening functionality will be a nice touch.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Ohh that looks nifty!

Just one question: if I want to test, is this in testing or devel? I'd like to try!

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Ohh that looks nifty!

Just one question: if I want to test, is this in testing or devel? I'd like to try!
It's in extras-devel.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Yep. I found it! Thanks

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
looks cool, is this a c app? or python?
it would be good to see some example code written up for the various integrations, as it could help others develop similarly integrated apps.
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

The plugin doesn't let me sign in after having entered my twitter credentials when configuring the plugin - just like a few others have already reported.

There are no error messages - it just says 'not signed in' when viewing all my IM accounts. I have several IM accounts configured of which some are 'enabled' and some 'disabled'. The twitter one is the only one saying 'not signed in'.

Tried several times, tried rebooting and tried reinstalling. Anyone had similar problem and managed to fix it?

Originally Posted by generationally View Post
The plugin doesn't let me sign in after having entered my twitter credentials when configuring the plugin - just like a few others have already reported.

There are no error messages - it just says 'not signed in' when viewing all my IM accounts. I have several IM accounts configured of which some are 'enabled' and some 'disabled'. The twitter one is the only one saying 'not signed in'.

Tried several times, tried rebooting and tried reinstalling. Anyone had similar problem and managed to fix it?
As its in devel, this will occassionally happen (same with haze&butterfly)... give it a few mins and try again...

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Great plugin! Is there a way to post from the conversations area instead of updating your availability status?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!