Active Topics

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i consider myself very luck then. if they discontinue n900, then we, who owns it, are the only ones have an n900. dont ya think?

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
So they will discontinue selling the phone, but that doesn't mean it's dead... You totally forgot about this community! There's a MeeGo-HE coming to the N900 + lots of QT goodies coming to the N900 all thanks to N8 + many other new Nokia phones.. so yeah..

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Meh. Continued sales are overrated.

Continued and official support though? Different beast altogether.

Good luck on that last one. Mine should be here in a week.

Yep. NokiaUSA said they'd give me that $199 price even despite the probs ordering one earlier during that promotion.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
i consider myself very luck then. if they discontinue n900, then we, who owns it, are the only ones have an n900. dont ya think?
Don't think so.
We need community.

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
so if anyone comes across super duper cheap n900's please holla. i want at least one more as a back up. my current one is the 8210.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Yep. NokiaUSA said they'd give me that $199 price even despite the probs ordering one earlier during that promotion.
waitwaitwait, are you saying that you've got N900 for $199???

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by CodeNote View Post
it would of been better to have just donated my 6000kr to them instead. the n900 must be the shortest lived phone ever produced.
please: would've ("would of" is so wrong and reading it hurts every time)

Why all this panicking? The smartphone market is the shortest lived market right now. The N900 is now a year old which is already a long time for a smartphone. And it's only getting worse with the accelerating pace of development.

If Nokia discontinues the phone then this means that it's no longer produced. Did you want to buy a second one or why do you worry then, since you already have one.
Firmware updates may still happen, or maybe not
And since most applications don't come from Nokia, you don't have to worry about them either.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
today i phoned nokia to enquire about the n900 and the guy there said the n900 will be discontinued.

i feel gutted as i only had the phone for some months.. less than a year and nokia is dropping it like just cooked eggs.

it would of been better to have just donated my 6000kr to them instead. the n900 must be the shortest lived phone ever produced.

well i know this for a fact i wont be buying anyother nokia phone till its bedded in properly i dont care what the next phone can do... even if it can make breakfast, dinner, and create beer i aint buying.... nokia aint catching me like this again.

so what will you lot do ?
install android ?
continue using the n900?
sell?
or will you run out and get the next nokia model?
Can I ask where did you phone Nokia? ...and whom did you speak with?

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
english is my second language. im not panicking neither am i worried.
yes i love my n900.... if you read my previous post you will see that im developing for the n900.

i was just stating on how i FELT when i heard the news.....

by the way nokia is closed to the public but not all of nokia staff leaves the building. some do work on projects that requires time on satdays and sundays and yes i do have a number or two to contact people on.

you read my previous posts you will notice that i have bought or recieved all the latest phone on the market... yes i do have them all..... and like i said in previous posts.... the n900 is what i use everyday...

peace
CN

today i phoned nokia to enquire about the n900 and the guy there said the n900 will be discontinued.

i feel gutted as i only had the phone for some months.. less than a year and nokia is dropping it like just cooked eggs.

well i know this for a fact i wont be buying anyother nokia phone till its bedded in properly i dont care what the next phone can do... even if it can make breakfast, dinner, and create beer i aint buying.... nokia aint catching me like this again.

so what will you lot do ?
install android ?
continue using the n900?
sell?
or will you run out and get the next nokia model?
I have the exact sentiments with Nokia. no matter what spec the next flagship is, I wont buy Nokia again.

The Following User Says Thank You to fergusso For This Useful Post:

Tags
delusion, ebay.com