Notices

You need to understand the differences between Open Source and Closed Source. No matter how great the Maemo community is (which it trully is), there is nothing anybody here can do to port a closed source application. Only Steam can do that. It's like asking to port Windows Live Messenger to maemo, only Microsoft could do that since the software *belongs* to them and them only.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@lolloo: I'm afraid this is not doable by the community, because the steam client seems to be closed sourced. You'll have to send your request (preferably in one, combined, message) to Steam.

Btw, do they have any web clients? The n900 should have no problem displaying javascript and flash based clients, if they exist.

sorry but you are wrong!
STEAM CLIENTS is already on ANDROID and Iphone.

there is much more than one app for steam on android but here is one
http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...ends-jmtp.aspx

If a steam app would not be possible, how about porting xfire for use on an N900 www.xfire.com

If this could be done, this would make my n900 the ultimate smart phone / internet tablet

The Following User Says Thank You to trashcanman For This Useful Post:
Create essentially a clone of Steam, but for mobile devices.

Integrate the marketplace, cheap games, achievements, and social elements into the mobile gaming experience.

Cost probobly cant get much lower though, the android market is alredy direct to consumer, but becoming the main "go-to" gaming application can probobly really raise the gaming abilities and experience on these phones.

Plus think mini games for your phone that can connect back to your PC version game to improve stats and etc. Similar concept to the console market years ago.

In an idea world, "Steam for Mobile" would become a reality, on all known Smartphone OS's; iPhone OS, Android, RIM Blackberry and Symbian S60. So long as at least iPhone and Android are covered, I'll be satisfied, because while Nokia currently has the largest market share in terms of phones, they have the smallest (almost non-existent) applications market, and they're rapidly losing ground to the competitors, as Symbian is dropped by all other handset manufacturers in favour of Android, because every manufacturer except Nokia, Blackberry and Apple have joined the "Open Handset Alliance (OHA)"

So, yeah. I support the idea of a mobile application, for as many OS's that are seen suitable.

Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
You need to understand the differences between Open Source and Closed Source. No matter how great the Maemo community is (which it trully is), there is nothing anybody here can do to port a closed source application. Only Steam can do that. It's like asking to port Windows Live Messenger to maemo, only Microsoft could do that since the software *belongs* to them and them only.
wrong again! kaaaak

its already on android and iphone and alot of them!! check my pervious posts for links for apps on android and iphone.

I'm often away from my computer on days when I have a clan match that night, and so if anyone needs to contact me over steam, they can't until I get home (which is usually only half an hour before the match).

Hence having steam on my N900 would be all kinds of awesome. Couldn't be too difficult, surely. its already on android

atleast someone please do a widget to show your online friends and your status of yourself. no need for chatting protocols.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
sorry but you are wrong!
STEAM CLIENTS is already on ANDROID and Iphone.
Those Android and iPhone clients were developed by whom?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
frigging noob, just shoot me, kindergarten, op is an idiot, schizophrenia!