Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
the only use for multitouch on a small screen that i can see is with onscreen keyboards...

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
Originally Posted by tso View Post
the only use for multitouch on a small screen that i can see is with onscreen keyboards...
isn't my case but many users needs it to play games also!

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tso View Post
I would second that but the thought after it is you could use your thumb for holding down a button while you work with a stylus in your other hand. this gives a lot of cases additional to kbd usage.

Originally Posted by maemo.it View Post
isn't my case but many users needs it to play games also!
covering your screen with your fingers doesnt help much for game exp. but with attached TV or using it as BT-gamepad it makes sense but thats not a common use case I think of

having a stylus enabled multitouchscreen sounds useful... any time

Last edited by chemist; 2009-10-29 at 15:56.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
I would second that but the thought after it is you could use your thumb for holding down a button while you work with a stylus in your other hand. this gives a lot of cases additional to kbd usage.
yeah! didn't think that!
thank you chemist

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
I think using Stantum makes since if you consider maemo 6 has multitouch support. If the N900 is a pre general consumer device for Nokia (4 of 5), then it follows that you would try some technologies out on it prior to the general consumer release device using maemo 6.

I don't think you guys understand how development works. This close to release is way way to late to change hardware in a device.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I'm sorry, but where have you heard that the n900 would have a stantum touch panel? although I would appreciate that very much, i really doubt it and iirc there are no devices with such a screen yet. well, this could of course change when the n900 gets one, but for now, I'd like to know where you got that information. As far as I know, the n900 doesn't have such a panel. However, I could be wrong there too and I sure hope it

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
If you read the first post again you will notice that it was a question. not a statment. And no we are not saying that they've changed the hardware, in that case just not impelmented the software for multi touch.

Originally Posted by baze View Post
I'm sorry, but where have you heard that the n900 would have a stantum touch panel? although I would appreciate that very much, i really doubt it and iirc there are no devices with such a screen yet. well, this could of course change when the n900 gets one, but for now, I'd like to know where you got that information. As far as I know, the n900 doesn't have such a panel. However, I could be wrong there too and I sure hope it
- Nokia is partnership of Stantum
- http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...c9ea851cee2c5b
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3pqjZSAyks
(the language is spanish. around on 3rd minute spanish guy says about the display: resistive and capacitive..)
- various italian&international forums

The Following User Says Thank You to maemo.it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I don't think you guys understand how development works. This close to release is way way to late to change hardware in a device.
I don't think we know who makes the touch screen technology for the N900. But all comments about it have said it's the best resistive touch screen they have used. Could be Stantum, could be someone else.

I don't think anyone thinks the delay is caused by a late hardware change because that just doesn't happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to theflew For This Useful Post: