I could be wrong but I think that someone managed to get either the hawking to work or something with the same chipset to work in the rt73 + aireplay-ng = packet injection thread.

Thanks for all the info. I'm away from home right now so I won't be able to try the suggestions... but if I have to plug my N810 into a powered hub that also receives the signal from the antenna, that sorta defeats the whole portability thing with the N810.

I'd be willing to pack up a Hawking so that when I stayed at a hotel with a poor signal I could plug it in but bringing a hub along....for one thing, my wife thinks I'm already too geeky.

Other than color, Hawking HWUN1 looks identical to a Edimax EW-7318USg. Works for me on stock ubuntu 8.10. Loaded rt73* modules.

Last edited by equivocal; 2009-05-17 at 05:18.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Cabot, Arkansas
yes your hawking antenna will work with the powered hub (i use 9v battery) look up power injection, penguin box in google. only supply power to the wifi nic. install usb-on-thego plugin. then when u plug it in to the tablet you have to enter #echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/usb1/1-1/bConfigurationValue so that the tablet will open the usb communication. then # ifconfig up wlan1.. after all this i found the rang not so impressive. it was a fun expeiment though.