Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Firebird8 View Post
Heh, I was unsure about the WMCLASS part, /me points at the wiki. Though, you can't really minimize, so is it really needed? For the maemo-select-menu-location thing in postinst, I fully intended this to be a diablo only release(note the deletion of detecting code in the postinst script), but if you get it working on the N900, awesome.
Well, getting the WMCLASS set properly allows one to minimise the game.

Fair enough on the postinst bit, I can change that here.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 215 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Earth, 38.830000, -77.00000
Ah, right.. Maybe that's why the wiki has a disclaimer at the top. Anyways, I've added it to the source and I'll commit it when my emerge world finishes. (Might start a new garage project though to completely remove the old name).

The Following User Says Thank You to Firebird8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
It does run on the N900 (after symlinking libSDL_gfx) but rather slowly. But I fully understand that this build isn't meant for the N900 and I hope to see your one that is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 215 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Earth, 38.830000, -77.00000
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
It does run on the N900 (after symlinking libSDL_gfx) but rather slowly. But I fully understand that this build isn't meant for the N900 and I hope to see your one that is.
Ah, SDL_Flip fullscreen might be faster on the N900. Though, I'll be using GLES (hopefulyl someone ports the pandora SDL-1.3 with GLES support) for some added features like zooming.

Also, found a bug in the game already. If you let the guy fall too far, the game will crash. So, yea.. Don't do that, the world is only 100,000 pixels in all directions.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
This is a very promising game. I think it's going to be a massive hit when it gets polished. Great job.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
I have the same problem. I still can't run it.
I was able to run it after switching to the directory mentioned beforehand.

Well, not anymore, update the game to -3 which is now in the repo. I've fixed all the scripting issues. You should be able to play from the menu now. I was assuming everyone had bash, but I guess that was wrong . Anyways, enjoy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebird8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I installed version "-3". Runs pretty well. Haven't encountered any bugs yet.

Its fun.. Is there any actual objective, or just make some crazy hill for the sledder?

Well, as its mostly just a toy/physics simulation, I would say the objective would be to have fun? (There's nothing to accomplish really...). Glad you like it heh, its a pretty nice time killer when you need one .

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Agreed. Thanks for the game.

Tags
entertainment, fun, game, slysics, time killer