Active Topics

Got any pictures? I still have not seen with my eyes conclusive evidence that I can't put an N810 screen in my N800, though I know it can't be easy.

If this sucker has to last me till next fall, why not mod it crazy?

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Well, I can take some pictures of the old screen, but since it's an n800 and I don't have the corresponding picture for the n810 one, I doubt it would be useful for your endeavour.
Since it has been said various times that the n810 is not plug compatible to the n800 and my hands-on experience tells me that it's futile for me to try and adapt it, I ordered an n800 lcd.
The n810 costed the same amunt, so I'd surely liked to use it instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Ah, I thought you had got an N810 screen for an N810; I see now where I got confused. Thanks, though!

That was very helpful, luca. I just placed an order to replace my broken screen. Thanks.

Last edited by Ulysses; 2009-01-09 at 01:22.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by luca View Post
I also found it at mytrendyphone...
In case anyone else is looking for an N800 replacement LCD and stumbles upon this thread, MyTrendyPhone has sold out and cannot get a new supply from Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Too bad, since Nokia didn't even reply when I asked where could I get it repaired, Tessco doesn't send to end users (provided they have it in stock), Impextrom was out of stock back then (and it's probable they cannot buy new stock from nokia either) and now Mytrendyphone.
I don't remember finding other retailers at the time I ordered mine.
It doesn't give me the feeling that nokia really cares about the tablets...

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by luca View Post
I don't remember finding other retailers at the time I ordered mine.
Cellphone Repair Shop still lists N800 LCDs, but it's not clear if they really have stock. Also, the LCD there costs more than an entire N800 on eBay.

It doesn't give me the feeling that nokia really cares about the tablets...
Well, Nokia end-of-lifed the N800 some time ago. It's not surprising to me that they've now also stopped producing new parts for it. Disappointing, but not surprising.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Well, Nokia end-of-lifed the N800 some time ago.
IIRC about a year, or even less

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
It's not surprising to me that they've now also stopped producing new parts for it. Disappointing, but not surprising.
Well, I was "lucky" to grab one of the last ones available (but not so lucky since the screen broke in the first place), but I still think it's to soon to have to throw it because there are no parts.
Or maybe the screen is a lemon and they have sold all of them

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Hmm, at some point I had this too on my N810, but it also magically went away shortly after. I think inbetween flashing OS, when I upgraded to Diablo, but I'm not sure. It was a very thin, horizontal black line in the middle of the screen. I remember it was not exactly in the middle; slightly above the middle.

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Hmm, at some point I had this too on my N810, but it also magically went away shortly after.
Be afraid, be very afraid

Tags
n800, parts, replacement, screen, spares