Active Topics

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kirkland, WA
This did not work for me. Bootreason is 32wd_to. I restarted the device, and typed in what you wrote. About 3 hours later, I got a reboot. Any other ideas?

Originally Posted by gravis86 View Post
This did not work for me. Bootreason is 32wd_to. I restarted the device, and typed in what you wrote. About 3 hours later, I got a reboot. Any other ideas?
My understanding from the bug thread (link in the first post), is that this work around disables the watchdog. With this work around in place, you will not get this reebot-issue anymore, simply because the whole chabang is disabled.

If you still get reboots, this is due to some other fault, or you havent done it right (it is easy to type something wrong), or you havent done a proper hard reboot (power on off) so your device is still unstable, or a combination.

Check /proc/bootreason after each reboot.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kirkland, WA
Well maybe I am doing it wrong. Should it display something after I run the command? It just goes to the next line. But I'm pretty sure I typed everything in correctly.

No it should not display anything. But you can do the permanent fix, then you can view the file and be 100% sure.

Maybe you have another bug somewhere, did the last reboot show 32wd_to ?

But I am no expert on this. I did as Nokia suggested (the same thing as in the first post), and it works perfectly for me and apperantly for lots of others. I also tried reflashing, but that did not work. So what I did was:

Reflash again both eMMC and FW to be sure no files are corrupted by rebooting.
Apply the "permanent" fix.
Manual reboot (on off)
Since then everything has been working with no problems what so ever.

This is almost a week ago.

Hi

Can some help me for permanent fix

what are the commands for that.

thanx in advance

Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Hi

Can some help me for permanent fix

what are the commands for that.

thanx in advance
There is a step by step instruction at the bottom here:
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...cending&page=2

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
hey bsving or anyone else- the fix is very good(drains battery but ordered a spare ), how do i do the permanent fix--- i cant be bothered to get a replacement, and hopefully a firmware fix will come eventually.

i take it the fix can allways be reset back- but will stay on even if the n900 is switched of or rebooted.

EDIT lol i should perhaps read the updated thread b4 posting

gravis if you dont wanna flash first check this..one thing i noticed on the temp fix is that it doesnt allways work unless you cold reboot first, then straight away apply it(bsving has mentioned this)

also did you power of your phone- or did it run ouur of battery, and you didnt do the code once the unit is back on.

bsving mate please help me- i still cannot work our how to do the perm fix mate.. i would be veru appreciative of you couldtell me- the nokia forum isnt helping me much

do i need to edit the pmconig in vim?

and how?

thanks

Last edited by mysticrokks; 2009-12-23 at 13:17.

all done - its good thanks again bsving