Active Topics

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Germany
Hello everybody,

quite easy: repository.maemo.org has a little problem. The download of the packages of python ends with:
"The service is temporarily unavailable. We are very sorry for the inconvinience it may cause."
(For example: http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...mo.3_armel.deb, which is a prerequisite for canola2.)

For me, it's the chinook extra's non-free that isn't working. Using "apt-get update" from the command line gives errors about missing files, and getting python from the command line gives errors about the file structure not being found. The repo is therefore still complely messed up.

I am using N810 with OS 2008..50 and python install is not working: Package is corrupted.

Is there a way to pull the .deb files off your device for programs you have already installed? Because i have canola 2 and if i could pull it off my device i wouldn't mind putting it up on a server somewhere. And maybe we could put something together to help all of us :/

Yeah, if someone could get the necessary n800 python files for os2008 that don't seem to be on the server, that'd be great too.

I already traced all files requested by python apckage in repository chinook and i can not find libs !. Is there a way to get them ?

Hey guy-
I'm totally new here and not a huge linux guy but I was able to install UKMP without corrupt error when I had that error a moment ago. What I did was disable all my repo's including a Maemo Extra's that had no "Distribution" defined. The only repo I left enabled was the Maemo Extras with CHINOOK distribution defined.

So I had the following Repo enabled...

Catalog Name: Maemo Extras
Address: http://repostory.maemo.org/extras
Distribution: chinook
Components: free non-free

(Please notice that typo in repository above... I just discovered that repository and repostory work for some reason.. either way, it should probably be set to the correct spelling but I'm putting what I had in my config at the time.)

After that, I went in and installed Python-runtime all by itself, and then after went in and installed UKMP and it worked fine. I have not tested the program yet but all looks good.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cybertron For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the info, Cybertron. I followed your instructions and python installed flawlessly.

Other apps that were giving "file corrupted" errors (kagu, quiver) have also installed with out a problem.

Anyone who followed my directions please check that Flash still works in the browser... ie: go to youtube.com or something.

I'm not sure what caused it, but my flash stopped working at some point. I havent used it in a bit, so i'm not sure what did it. I've re-flashed and restored from backup and am checking as app reinstall to see what caused the problem.

Last edited by cybertron; 2007-12-24 at 03:35.