Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by squad_com View Post
I tried to install gps-clockd on my N800 and I got a “incompatible application package” message.

+1... Is there a work around?

The GPS chip/system itself is very conservative on power.

It is all the computation and graphics to display the maps. I've noticed the mapping program I wrote for the Zaurus doesn't kill the battery as much as the built-in mapping program. But I wrote it to be extremely efficient - less CPU time, less power used.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
+1... Is there a work around?

I guess not.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Manitoba, Canada
ag2:

Can you tell me how to decode the GPS time value returned from the 'Python-GPSbt' routines i.e. gpsdevice.fix.time? This is described here:

http://pymaemo.garage.maemo.org/docu...les/index.html

For me, the value returned looks like:

I guess this is some sort of encoded GPS date/time value?

Thanks

EDIT: I think I found the answer -- in this case, the code is returning the UNIX internal time i.e. the number of seconds elapsed since 1970/010/01. Just to make matters even more confusing, sometimes 'GPS time' is the number of seconds elapsed from 1980/01/06.

Last edited by darethehair; 2008-03-27 at 22:18. Reason: Found answer:

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Spokane WA
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I guess not.
+2 I can't get it to work either. I really would like to have it working. What is the deal with incompatible package error?
Isaac.S

Originally Posted by isaacs View Post
+2 I can't get it to work either. I really would like to have it working. What is the deal with incompatible package error?
Isaac.S
It's because in the package control file 'Section' is set to 'utils', which won't work with the application manager. It only accepts Sections in 'user'.[*] There are three ways to fix it:

1) - The author modifies the control file and makes a new package
2) - or you install the existing one by downloading, sudo gainroot, dpkg -i gps_clockd_1.0-3_armel.deb
3) - or you try the modified package that I attach here (untested), which is the original but with a very small change: Section is now 'user/utils' instead of 'utils'.

EDIT: Footnote added:
[*] This need for the debian package section to be 'user' or 'user/*' is a specific OS200x/Application Manager issue, and not used by other Linux/Debian platforms. Presumably it's done this way as a method to "filter" packages that are allowed to be installed by the user vs. packages that can only be installed as superuser (root).
Attached Files
File Type: deb gps_clockd_1.0-3_armel.deb (8.6 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by TA-t3; 2008-04-03 at 20:00. Reason: Added footnote

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Spokane WA
Thanks for the clarification on that. I have done some linux things but not familiar with all the ways to get around some of the messages on the tablet. I ended up getting it to install by going into red pill mode but it is nice to know how to do it without having to change to red pill.
Isaac.S

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
It's because in the package control file 'Section' is set to 'utils', which won't work with the application manager. It only accepts Sections in 'user'. There are three ways to fix it:

1) - The author modifies the control file and makes a new package
2) - or you install the existing one by downloading, sudo gainroot, dpkg -i gps_clockd_1.0-3_armel.deb
3) - or you try the modified package that I attach here (untested), which is the original but with a very small change: Section is now 'user/utils' instead of 'utils'.

I be synchronized!

TA-t3's package worked as advertised on my N800. Thanks

Last edited by YoDude; 2008-04-05 at 18:49.

gps-clockd and other apps on nitapps.com should now work with the application manager (I put everything in user/tools). Enjoy.