Active Topics

Notices

I too used fapman to upgrade and it deleted the libtcod.so
maybe you have something else installed which needs libtcod.so.
i had to download the .deb and install it from there.

Also if you see
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...ue/1.4-maemo2/
and
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...ue/1.4-maemo3/
1.4-maemo3 does not have libtcod dependency

The Following User Says Thank You to TimusEravan For This Useful Post:
Got a lot of so's of libtcod but for x86 and qemu mostly. I'm sure Aapo will pinpoint the underlying issue though.

@AapoRantalainen - Any updates on newer version?

I'm waiting for information from upstream: http://brogue.createforumhosting.com...tra-c-t96.html

This would be a killer game if not for segfaults. Loading takes so much time backing up is not worthwhile. Maybe have something to do with one life, no saves ideology of roguelikes. Still would love to crack it in the bus with heavy traffic

Yeah this would be THE killer game.. perfect for playing in short bursts and even loong time..

Brogue 1.5 has just been released. Lots of new features, but main one: STABLE!!!
Went to lev4 with no crashes. This deserves an update.

Changes since v1.4:

* Dungeons now include interactive “quest rooms,” which include lock-and-key puzzles, collapsing/flooding terrain, hidden items, elaborate traps, challenges, boss monsters and more.
* All new weapons: spears/pikes, which hit an adjacent enemy and the enemy behind it; axes, which hit all adjacent enemies; and maces/hammers, which hit twice as hard and require an extra turn to recover afterward.
* Added item description screens, which include useful statistics about the item and are accessible via the inventory or by examining a discarded item on the ground.
* New monsters, items and weapon/armor runic abilities.
* Monster descriptions include statistics about how certain staffs and wands will harm or affect the monster, and whether the monster is carrying an item that it stole from you.
* Messages and monster descriptions are color-coded for clarity.
* Monsters that can blink will now do so more intelligently to approach enemies, flee attackers and escape harmful terrain.
* Numerous tweaks to make colors crisper and the interface less distracting.
* Allies get stronger over time at a faster rate, are able to attack wall turrets, and are better at following you down pits and stairs.
* Monsters are no longer generated in sight of the level start.
* Merged Potions of Healing and Extra Healing; eliminated Scrolls of Sanctuary.
* Gold is now generated independently from items, both to reduce the variance of per-game aggregate gold quantity and to stop gold from being generated at the expense of items.
* Rings now auto-identify after being worn for a while, similarly to armor and weapons.
* Subtle change in ally color to distinguish allies from enemies.
* Spectral blades and other inanimate creatures do not avoid gas clouds if the clouds would not affect them.
* Wisdom is now a ring instead of an armor runic.
* Reflection is now an armor runic instead of a ring.
* Cancellation is now called negation; certain monsters are marked as animated by magic and will die if negated. New Scrolls of Negation will negate all creatures and items within your field of view (but will not affect items in your inventory). Negated weapons, armor and rings will lose their magical properties, and negated wands and staffs will lose their charges.
* Removed Scrolls of Sanctuary.
* Added a point of damage to darts.
* Creatures exposed to fire will burn about half as long.
* The duration of entrancement no longer varies with the target’s maximum health.
* Auto-resting will terminate if you are embedded in an obstruction and it dissolves.
* When pink jellies split, their health is divided between their progeny, and they have commensurately more health initially.
* Items and monsters won’t spawn in hallways or doorways, but items may spawn in shallow water.
* Detect magic icons are now also color-coded to distinguish good items from bad.
* The ‘D’iscoveries screen specifies whether the detect magic potion will flag that item as good or bad magic.
* Wands and staffs that are meant to target enemies once identified will not default to auto-aiming at captive monsters.
* You can now see allies that are invisible (and wands of invisibility will auto-identify if you use them on an ally).
* New special effects for magic mapping and aggravate monsters scrolls.

Last edited by szopin; 2011-10-12 at 10:40. Reason: changelog

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
In the meantime here is recoded binary with Aapo's sticky shift patch applied (upstream did not include it ): Replace brogue in /opt/brogue/ and should work.
EDIT: even though it doesn't segfault now, it still needs some work: new feature of object descriptions prevents item usage (equipping/applying...), will try to fix it
EDIT2: reverting Aapo's patch allows for inventory use, that is until you hit shift as it will get sticky (shiftless attached)
Attached Files
File Type: gz brogue.tar.gz (202.0 KB, 88 views)
File Type: gz brogueshiftless.tar.gz (202.1 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by szopin; 2011-10-12 at 17:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Brogue-1.5 on extras-devel.
It is seg faulting as earlier versions:
http://brogue.createforumhosting.com/post808.html#p808

Shift is not working even on my Ubuntu computer. I think I got workaround for it:
http://brogue.createforumhosting.com...inux-t141.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Great stuff. Not sure, but this version didn't crash on me even once and got to lev4 (on autoexplore, maybe this is why), going to test it out right now and let you know of the results.
EDIT: strange, your version does indeed seem to segfault a lot (4 out of 5 times when running, or was unlucky), my compilation seems to get started 10 out of 10. Can't get it to segfault. Will try to compile your source and see if that helps (gcc 4.4 is only difference as this was tested on pre-CSSU phone)
Yup, it works everytime (just requires 'save' directory) and doesn't segfault even on changing levels, attached. It is stripped yet 100kb bigger, not sure if 4.4 is the only difference...
Attached Files
File Type: gz brogue.tar.gz (202.0 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by szopin; 2011-10-18 at 17:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: