I'd say give it some time. When I did it, initially I was having issues which tended to fade over time. For a while, the cell radio was not working, so I couldn't use it as a phone. Eventually, it did start working again.

Originally Posted by tim_de_wolf View Post
overruling argument =) i just talk out of personal experience
I see, but I wonder what a kind of personal experience was it - IMO, discharging "instantly" isn't possible at all. Otherwise, You would see battery glowing blue and smoking like hell, cause 5Wh (standard battery capacity) or even 1Wh released in timeframe of second or two would be power equivalent of 18KWh (for 5Wh battery) and 3,6KW (for 1Wh charger battery), respectively. I suppose battery would melt, and water around it boiled, due to such energy instant release. Especially, having in mind water resistance.

(equivalent experiment would be to connect unprotected LiPo cell + to wall socket ground - battery would expand and explode quite quickly, but still, it would be unable to discharge in second or two. Probably, it would explode before discharging. DON'T try this at home...)

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-11-23 at 06:47.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I see, but I wonder what a kind of personal experience was it - IMO, discharging "instantly" isn't possible at all.
Well, I don't really know if you should call it discharging. In my lifetime I dropped 3 phones in the water, n82, n97 and (unfortunatly) a n900. In all cases, the battery was full (or at least enough power in it), but once I took it out the water, let it dry, and boot it up, it was empty and needed to be charged in order to work. So my conclusion was: It drains when you drop it in water!

Oh and for the record, they all worked fine until they mysteriously (and gradually) broke down after a couple of weeks. Probably rust...

The Following User Says Thank You to tim_de_wolf For This Useful Post:
Yea after hearing your guys' responses, I kind of just gave up on my phone and let it be bricked. Its not until recently that has changed. I went to India and got a new power assembly chip because Nokia reps thought it be the cause of it not booting back up. I also replaced the battery with a new one. I turned on the phone, it booted up fine and it came all the way to the lock screen. I was really surprised. I went home and wanted to flash it immediately. But when I got home, it didn't turn back on. I plug it into the USB and the home charger but all I see is the red notification light coming back on. I try to turn on the phone but no avail. I want to flash this but the flasher isn't picking up USB device because the device is not turned on.

Guys as for disassembling the phone, I disassembled it immediately. I took off the screen, took off the board and put the entire disassembled apparatus in the dehyrdator at 100F.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
You can try with this spray, cost like 2-3€..it makes wonders.
Keep LCD away from this thing, it gets inside in no time

i am lucky enough..... i dropped mine also, i remove battery, sim, SD Card and put it under Ceiling fan as in india here is summer at its top.... after 8-10 hours put all in it and its wake up like before.....