Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
There you go a howto is updated.

The Following User Says Thank You to groeit For This Useful Post:
How come the PR update doesn't list itself on my device :S?

Hmmm, i don't think it's the right place to ask it... ;-) But maybe you're from UK, where it still is not working.

Hi,

Have just tested this solution within my organization - I confirm I'm able to run any streamed application (tried with Office 2007 package, some Citrix admin software, Active Directory etc.)

However, still there are some difficulties with usage:

1. Resolution - when running apps, cursor doesn't seem to be working fine with the screen size - you tap on one element, but action is being done somewhere else (moved several e-mails in my Outlook to Junk folder thanks to that ;-))
2. Web browser integration - at the moment, in order to pass the credentials authentication, you are required to save the .ICA file to your handheld; lots of companies are streaming their applications via Web Interface - handling the pass key over it (as it is on a normal desktop) would be a great feature. Without it, you need to download it every single time you log in, as the session key changes (depending on your servers' secuirty settings)

But anyway, groeit thanks for the how to! At least it's usable at all!

Cheers,

nic

Hi, i just tested your solution, but it hangs when trying to install libxaw7

when I type : apt-get install libxaw7 with root access, I have this error message

"package libxaw7 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
this may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source.
e: package libxaw7 has no installation candidate"

Do you know what pb is ? and how I can repair it ?
thanks a lot !

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Stupid question, but can I use this for any Citrix?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
Stupid question, but can I use this for any Citrix?
If you're asking can you run apps other than Bloomberg, the answer is probably yes. The .ica file is a generic, muti-purpose Citrix mechanism for specifying what you want to run on the remote server.
http://www.eff.org.

thanks for this, i was able to launch bbg but somehow nothing shows up on the screens that open (2 screens open in addition to a third titled notification area). and when i try and type something the screens close. any idea why this might be please?

hey guys. I didn't look here for a LONG time. If you need any help with it feel free to email me on matt [at] inerd.me

Originally Posted by anandv76 View Post
thanks for this, i was able to launch bbg but somehow nothing shows up on the screens that open (2 screens open in addition to a third titled notification area). and when i try and type something the screens close. any idea why this might be please?
@anandv76: I encountered exactly the same problem as you - and I have not found a solution yet. Maybe Groeit can help.

Apparently,the screens that appear but are not readable are the typical windows that show up in a regular citrix session, e.g. an application window or a notification window (e.g. "You got new mail"). In one of the corrupted screens that I get and that should show my Notes Mailbox I can see a very small Notes icon.

I wonder whether someone in the forum can provide further hints as how to solve this problem. Maybe it is somehow related to PR1.2?

The problem bothers me even more because Citrix is flawlessly running under EasyDebian on my N900 so the resources should be there.

It would just be nicer (quicker and more comfortable) to have citrix running under Meamo's native browser or Firefox.

So please help whoever can help.