Notices

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia
turist Tomaszd
I did not know about this port so I decided to make one...
I will check svn for changes and i can merge them in my project (also at garage, all sources are available as well in git, by the way I was using last version of source code from original developers svn). I don't want to compete either and I would be glad to work together. I can add you to my project at garage or we can use your project or start a new one if we a planning to change a name. There are some bug reports in my project at the moment which I am working at. Don't know if it is possible to move them between projects.
ps. Usually such port is given a name something like qstargit-ng

The Following User Says Thank You to @SR For This Useful Post:
Works great for me! Would like to make a couple of feature requests:

* add finger scrolling
* resizable Word list area
* perhaps "Word list" title can be removed to save the screen space

Last edited by sph; 2010-01-02 at 23:17.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
If you guys are starting afresh, can I suggest hosting at http://gitorious.org/ instead of garage? It seems like that is the new latest/greatest place to host. For example, see:
http://maemo.gitorious.org/

Garage is quite messy... Plus, GIT!

Finger scrolling depends on the support of it in Qt. Right now I have not found any instructions on how to do this. I've added setProperty("FingerScrolling", true); but it does nothing at the moment.
Word list area is resizable. You can move the border. But it is hard to do this using fingers. But it's size is saved.
Title can be removed. At first Word list area was a dockable window on PC.

jebba
I am using git right now and i think it's much better then svn.
If we will start afresh I will note your suggestion.

The Following User Says Thank You to @SR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by jebba View Post
Or even better, make .debs of various dictionaries and users can just install them to /opt/qstardict/dicts or somesuch.
Good idea. This will make it much more usable for the people that will be joining the Maemo community...

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by @SR View Post
Finger scrolling depends on the support of it in Qt. Right now I have not found any instructions on how to do this. I've added setProperty("FingerScrolling", true); but it does nothing at the moment.
Word list area is resizable. You can move the border. But it is hard to do this using fingers. But it's size is saved.
Title can be removed. At first Word list area was a dockable window on PC.
Try setProperty("FingerScrollable", true)

reference

does this app work on the n810 cheers

aspidites
Sorry it's really setProperty("FingerScrollable", true); right now in my source... I remember that I found two references for this but they were different (FingerScrollable and FingerScrolling)...
I wonder if this parameter is in official Qt documentation.

yukop4
Yes it does. It should be in Extras-testing or in Extras-devel right now for Diablo.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Oh ok. I doubt it, considering most anything to do with Maemo is in Technical Preview of Qt for Maemo.

Tags
bada rox, help i'm stuck