Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Originally Posted by akd View Post
Have you tried downloading from gronmayer?
Well, gronmayer is just a redirect or? It doesn't host anything. I just tried, it doesn't help at all.

I've just flashed the new OS but I regret because I lost all my apps and now since 12 hours I'm not able to install anything
1)flash image not available. Thanks to somebody I downloaded a mirrored one but without md5. I really hope this is the correct image.

2)repository not available. Unable to install openssh. It's downloading 695kb for now 5 minutes. It just hangs.
From my PC, I get this: "An error occurred while processing your request."

3)wiki not available. Their squid proxy is slow as hell. Also the contact email is not valid so we can't even contact the squid admin.

"Nokia certified" my *****

I installed OpenSSH server, but it took three tries. And I agree with the rants regarding the quality of Nokia's bandwidth support for the NIT.

[rant]
On another (off)-topic: Do you leet-speak dudes have any idea how fscking irritating it is to read your posts? Jesus Christ, this is a forum, not a SMS broadcasting service!
[/rant]

The Following User Says Thank You to JeffElkins For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
Has anyone been able to get any of Nokia's repos to refresh, let alone to get anything installed yet ?

At 24hrs+ later and I'm still not able to get maybe 1 or 2 of the nearly doz repos avail from Nokia, this has been a beyond frustrating experience.

At anytime either with the current release, beta, or the N810 we're you able to get Videocenter to install or work ? as I keep getting an invalid error when I tried last night/today.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by TTgowings View Post
Has anyone been able to get any of Nokia's repos to refresh, let alone to get anything installed yet ?
I share your pain...I tried pretty much all nite to get the firmware update (which I got, not from the offical Nokia server, but from a dedicated user of the ITT, thanks you!), then have been struggling with repos this am.

Yes, it is *very slow* but I was able to get the basic repos in place. I disabled all but the 'official' repositories and have been enabling the rest one by one. The good news is that the repos are there, as is everything else that I expected to be there after restoring the backup. And, so far, it seems to be going well, server lag time notwithstanding So, I counsel, as many others have on this forum, patience. It seems a poverty of bandwidth is a measure of the wealth of IT users!

And, first thing I notice is that MNotify is back! Woo Hoo! Much more to come, I am sure.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Vent your download spleen in bug #2531 - at least then Nokia can't say they aren't aware of the problems.

Repositories still knackered here.

I got all my apps installed but it did take a few tries, skype didnt want to do it at first , i'm trying to install kagu player its 5mb and it takes forever to download , just about 30min i'd say...I hope this gets resolved its ******ed

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Vent your download spleen in bug #2531 - at least then Nokia can't say they aren't aware of the problems.
Don't just post a "me too" like some brainiacs have now been doing, though. Voting is a good way to show you want the bug fixed. If you want to vent or discuss, do it here or on a mailing list, not on the bugzilla.

Nokia hasn't exactly embraced bugzilla in their work, but this seems to be slowly changing -- there's some actual work happening in bugs.maemo.org. Let's not ruin this by making the bugzilla a flamefest that is useless to the developers doing their work.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
I shall sit this out for a week until the access mess gets sorted, otherwise it is just too frustrating. There are enough rants on here, no need to add more, esp mine.

Do you leet-speak dudes have any idea how fscking irritating
i had no idea what leet is, you have just opened up a whole new world. You could say that I have taken my first steps on the road to B1FFN3SS.

It looks like the repo's may be slowly coming back to life. I was able to get python runtime loaded.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Originally Posted by dharr18 View Post
It looks like the repo's may be slowly coming back to life. I was able to get python runtime loaded.
Awesome... that is what I have been trying to get since yesterday. Thanks.