Active Topics

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by violent ken View Post
i used godmode and sudo gainroot, then the command to remove but it got the error also. a little more detail how to remove this POS rhapsody please
Install it then uninstall it.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Rhapsody can be used for free with the free 20 account, OK you only get 20 free tracks a month but its quite good.

I'm in the UK and easily set up a Rhapsody account using an American proxy site.

Also, if you do want to install then uninstall to remove it I found you could only install it if you set your region to USA and then afterwards set it back to your home country.

Originally Posted by kudos1uk View Post
Rhapsody can be used for free with the free 20 account, OK you only get 20 free tracks a month but its quite good.

I'm in the UK and easily set up a Rhapsody account using an American proxy site.
I think the free account is up to 25 tracks a month now since they raised their Ultimate monthly subscription price by 30% a little while ago. But they've also made it more difficult to set up a Rhapsody account via U.S. proxy sites - none of the ones I tried worked (not blocked, just unable to complete the signup process due to extensive use of custom features not well supported by proxies on the Rhapsody site).

Two notes on the Rhapsody 2.1 user interface:
- The page zoom keys on top of the N800 control the volume (why don't all audio apps provide some hardware volume buttons on the N800??)
- There's apparently no way to get artist/album information for a title you're browsing in the library window without adding it to your playlist and playing it. That's an annoying oversight, since many titles are cryptic on their own, or turn out to be a single track by your artist of interest on a compilation album.

Last edited by DJames1; 2007-12-31 at 23:55.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Install it then uninstall it.
it is installed. i can launch the rhapsody program and see the desktop widjet also, but in app manager it's not there to uninstall.

Anyone else notice that Rhapsody can't count? 29 days after starting the free trial, it says my 30-day free trial is over.

I have enjoyed using Rhapsody, although their music collection is a bit spotty in coverage. I'm almost persuaded that a music subcription would be worthwhile for me. I might even be willing to pay them the recently-increased price of $12.99/month, but they won't let me buy their service since I'm in Canada, and there's no alternative on the N800. I was considering asking an American friend to use their credit card - until I read about the many customer service problems people have had trying to cancel or modify payment with Rhapsody. Obviously I can't ask someone else to get involved in that.