Yeah. Seems to me this site could be a lot more table-friendly.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Bangalore, India
PJE - I am trying to map left and right on the D pad to jump beteen links. I already have up and down to do ppgup and pgdn. what is/was the setting for the moving between links? Thanks!

Originally Posted by xandor View Post
<"
Still pages like the internettablettalk homepage take ages to load
">
Am I the only one who finds this highly ironic (not to mention annoying!)
No you're not alone - I no longer even try to view this site on my 800, no file mods or adblocking have helped the crashing & hanging, and I've given up complaining about it.

It's equally ironic that the 2008 MicroB has made Internet surfing a less enjoyable experience on the Internet Tablet! We really need an alternate browser. Another thing missing in the new version is the "Merge Frames" option, maybe that was Opera only - is there any other way to implement it?

on the left hand bottom of the internettablet pages is a pulldown menu, change it from n810v2 or whatever its on now to say 'classic'.

this help speed up the rendering for me at itt site.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
I have found downloading files in microb painful, leaving a box open till the download is finished is just a horrible way to do it.

I also wish it had tabed browsing, the EEE has the same resolution as the N800 and they seem to manage it ok.

Just my 2cents.

All that said, its a fairly new browser and in general I haven't had it crash or do anything out of the ordinary, and I think the more mature it gets the better it will be.

-Rip

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i too would like to see tabbed browsing , but of course you have the naysayers on the matter , the response usually is some bs about well you have theapp switch button ,id rather not use it in browsing , id rather just have an 1/8' tab at the top like the IM's in pidgin have , it doesnt take up that much room

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
Doesn't having multiple windows open compared to multiple tabs open increase the memory usage? I've found in my windows box using Firefox it does.

-Rip

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
The argument I've heard over and over from people at Nokia is that they do have tabbed browsing. Its the little home key your hand is covering when you hold the IT.

On the other side I think a lot of their grief and hassles with the browser UI they have comes from the period where they had one UI and 2 engines.

Originally Posted by PJE View Post

I changed the D-Pad to page Up and Down rather than moving between links and increased the minimum font size a little (16). Then I browse at 100% without fit to width.
I thought my eyes were going with the font size on the new os browser!

can you lt me know how you change the font size and the d-pad function?

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Originally Posted by RipTorn View Post
I have found downloading files in microb painful, leaving a box open till the download is finished is just a horrible way to do it.
You can close the download dialog and the download will still continue.

The Following User Says Thank You to technut For This Useful Post: