Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
Version 0.0.4. Released

This (barring serious reported bugs) will be the last alpha release. The next ( a couple of days ) will include CSV file import to table and will be the first beta 0.1.

This release is mostly about tidying up open and save routines ( now uses hildon dialogs ).

There is also a settings page, at the moment just for paths. When first running this release check the settings page, these paths are where your files/databases will be opened/saved. they are defaulted to mmc2 but can be changed to anywhere the hildon dialog will allow.

enjoy
Rick

Bugfix release 0.0.5

Browse on the settings page is now a hildon dialog.
New 'Create database dialog'

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...-0.0.5.all.deb

I have included a .datable/dtdb.db in this release. This means that you will have an empty databases list on first run. Sorry but I needed to make the default paths more sensible. Just use the DB open to refill the list.

Rick

Sigh!!!
I'm learning from my misteaks tonight. New release to fix read only native DB on previous release. Any new stuff would not have been listed.

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...-0.0.6.all.deb

I will have to write myself a testing procedure to follow before releasing a package.

Rick

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Cool stuff. Really nice!

Thanks Konttori.

Nice to see one of the old school here.

Rick

Oh, nice!

Rick, will you be continuing this project to create and run forms?

Reggie
I am open to suggestion. The next release will definitly be csv import. After that my current thinking is to add a stored query facility and also to develop the query page into a proper query builder. But really I am feeling my way from there. I currently do not have a clue how I would implement forms - but then when I started this project I hadn't a clue how to program in python or gtk so anything is possible.

Rick

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by rcull View Post
Sigh!!!
I'm learning from my misteaks tonight. New release to fix read only native DB on previous release. Any new stuff would not have been listed.

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...-0.0.6.all.deb

I will have to write myself a testing procedure to follow before releasing a package.

Rick
You're doing great work, rcull! Thanks for doing this. And I don't even need a database...yet! Good luck!

First Beta released.

With the inclusion of CSV record loading from Records page ( inverted filter icon with CSV superimposed ) I now consider the basic functionality to be there. I have also added a pulsing progressbar to the SQL page as it can take a while for large tables to load ( 13500 recs in a poi.db approx 2 mins ). A couple of bugs also squashed.

If you need to retain your settings you will need to save a copy of /home/user/.datable/dtdb.db somwhere before updating. ( Should be the last time this happens ).

Next will be a basic query wizard.

enjoy
Rick

Hi,

I installed the latest version (0.1) on OS2007, but when I launch it, although the OS says "Loading datable", nothing shows up. Just a silent exit.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Ulysses