Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by BoxOfSnoo View Post
I would like to see some of this functionality rolled directly into GPE. Is that possible?
Probably not given GPE is made by a different developer. But it would be nice,

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by BoxOfSnoo View Post
I would like to see some of this functionality rolled directly into GPE. Is that possible?
As sonjdata pointed out, this is unlikely since GPE and Erminig are not developed by the same person. But it is true that it would be very nice to have such an integration!

I take the opportunity to announce that a garage project has been started: http://erminig.garage.maemo.org.

The project is still empty: I will put there the latest version released by David, and his documentation hopefully by the end of the weekend.

I invite everyone who has bug reports to file them into the bug tracker of the project. Or if you prefer you can also write about them here and I will file them myself.

I spent the last few days setting up the development environment and I'm finally almost all set to start working on Erminig.

The first task (after reading the code and understanding the logic behind it) will be to fix the problem where erminig will not start if there's no active Internet connection and make Erminig report some more error conditions to the user (especially in the case of a wrong password for Google Calendar, which is silently ignored Edit: not true...but should be a little bit more visible with a dialog box IMHO)

Once these two things are fixed, I will tackle the more challenging tasks (there was a report of recurring events not synchronized or something like that....)

Last edited by lorelei; 2008-06-07 at 21:45.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Yes I realized this is a whole different developer and project... just dreaming. I think that would be a massive advantage for GPE to sync to online services - possibly via plugins.

In the meantime, I'm glad someone is continuing with erminig, it's desperately needed.

I think its great someone is picking up this project. Need to look at adding some features down the road, like contacts sync, too.

I found GCalDaemon which would be a wonderful port and possibly replace ermining as a more app neutral sync solution if someone would pick up the project as I cannot code to save my ... unless it light php or bash scripting.. lol.
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

OK, apparently the startup problem occurs only in scratchbox: everything is fine on the device, so this is not an issue anymore...

I have seen the startup problem with the latest version that was released. Maybe it was fixed in the code but never released.

The Following User Says Thank You to rone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rone View Post
I have seen the startup problem with the latest version that was released. Maybe it was fixed in the code but never released.
Yes, you are right! In fact I was running 0.2.8 on my N800 but 0.2.9 in the development environment. I'm reopening this bug, since this issue is real!

Thanks

In response to working on the issue with re-occurring events. To provide a small amount of further information, the following is from my initial note to the original author on his site:

"We have a lot of events that are re-occurring on a weekly basis and these are not sync-ing properly. For example I have an event that happens every Monday until a future date. This event is showing up on my gpe-calendar on Tuesday."

Another example taken from the author's site:
Copied without permission from original poster - rone...

"One example is that I created an event in Google calender that started on March 17 2008 7pm and ran for every 3rd Monday with no end date. It came down to my IT as starting at 2 pm on march 17th and 1pm on each Monday there after.

I then changed it to weekly on Google and the update changed it to Tuesdays at 7 pm on my IT.

I changed it back to every 3rd Monday on Google and after the update it went back to 2pm on the first Monday and 1 pm on every Monday there after.

I am using Chicago as my home city with DST on."

I can provide the cal from Google if it would help.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
I might be missing something here. But I used to use Erminig. I had loaded gpe-calendar on my N810. One day I was looking at it and thought 'I wonder if I could just point it to my Google Calendar'

Here's what I did. First you'll need the public or private URL of your Google calendar. Make sure its the iCal one.

Next, in gpe-calendar click on

Click on Tools->Calendar

New. Title and all is self explanitory.

Then click on 'Type' and click on 'Subscribe'

This will then give you the URL, password, etc in there.

For me I just wanted a one way sync from Google to my N810 and this works perfectly. I see there is also an option to create a publish calendar as well. So I'd imagine that works too.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious that others need. And not to be dismissive of this project. But once I found these options in the gpe-calendar I haven't had a need for anything else external.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
I think its the two way sync that makes erminig so great. I carry my n810 everywhere and so when I get a new to-do or calendar thing I can enter it right away and syncing with google puts everything across my Desktop and mobile phone