Active Topics

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto
But Opera... Mmmmmm.... I wish they would make a Maemo version of Opera 9.5...

Am I the only one who judges devices by a number of important data not given about this thing? Stuff like USB port, CPU speed and type, screen resolution? The aspect ratio looks taller than 800x480; maybe 720x480. (Or maybe just hard to tell...) One hopes they wouldn't be dumb enough to do HVGA on a 4.3" screen, but it's possible at this point.

The ARM licenses mentioned include... ARM11, same as the N8x0 have.

So it could be the same or inferior to the N810 in every way but camera and TV-out, and come out around the time of the RX-51 (ouch for Samsung!), or it could be a Cortex A9 monster with 1024x600 display; I can't commit to it being either better or worse than the N810 from the information given. My guess would put this intermediate between the N810 and RX-51 in everything but OS, but that involves so much speculation as to be ridiculous.

Oh, and it has an accelerator for screen orientation. That does mean something (the Epson LCD chip functions as an accelerator for rotation, right?), but I don't think it's what their marketing people meant...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
There are no Windows devices that I would list as competition for the NIT.

Now, maybe, if this thing has a Linux variant ... that might be competition for the NIT.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
Originally Posted by Benson
Oh, and it has an accelerator for screen orientation.
I'm sure they meant accelerometer (to detect changes in positional aspect), but their marketing department's spell-checker didn't know what that was...

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Summerside, PEI, Canada
I couldn't tell for sure from any of the pictures, but I saw neither a kickstand nor a stylus. I use my kickstand all the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to sarah11918 For This Useful Post:
I'd rather have a tilt screen than a kickstand...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i would like both, as they have different uses

The only thing I can think of using a kickstand for, that I can't replace with a tilt screen, is the hand-strap type functionality ... but after the first month or so, I stopped using it that way, and basically never used the kickstand again after that.