Active Topics

Poll: Are you interested in publishing on OVI STORE MAEMO / on what programming language?
Poll Options
Are you interested in publishing on OVI STORE MAEMO / on what programming language?

Originally Posted by lma View Post
The poll needs a "C" (you know, the language most current Maemo apps are written in) option.
The poll cannot be modified, unfortunately. Still you can vote in the C++ section for C and C++

What text editor and debugger or IDE (integrated development framework) do you use for C?

Originally Posted by iskarion View Post
Because with Maemo Extras already in place I don't really see the need for an Ovi store.
How would commercial software be sold through Maemo Extras?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
How would commercial software be sold through Maemo Extras?
Andrew had a proposal for an authorization and payment system through the Application Manager and maemo.org Extras, don't have the time to dig it up at the moment, though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Bad Homburg, Deutschland
What?! No C?!?!?!
And no, C can not go under C++!

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Andrew had a proposal for an authorization and payment system through the Application Manager and maemo.org Extras, don't have the time to dig it up at the moment, though.
Would it be plausible to use Ovi Store for the payment and authorisation side of things?

Oh and Qt is C++...

Originally Posted by Architengi View Post
The poll cannot be modified, unfortunately. Still you can vote in the C++ section for C and C++
Oh well, votes can't be changed either :-/

What text editor and debugger or IDE (integrated development framework) do you use for C?
A bunch of x^Wgnome-terminals running vim, gcc, gdb and friends. I still haven't met an IDE I liked, but I'm funny that way...

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Would it be plausible to use Ovi Store for the payment and authorisation side of things?
I have no clue what the Ovi Store architecture looks like.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nowave7 View Post
Oh and Qt is C++...
Qt is a framework, not really tied to a single language (you could very well be using Qt from Java, Python, etc), so it does stick out from the choices, especially since the poll is not a multi-check one.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Qt is a framework, not really tied to a single language (you could very well be using Qt from Java, Python, etc), so it does stick out from the choices, especially since the poll is not a multi-check one.
As far as I remember it was written in C++. Still it has a wide range of bindings which allow it to be used as a backend for multitude of languages other than C++.