I wonder if the plans would be more expensive though if the device is subsidized. Cause the way I priced it now it's

$55 a month for 300 min + unlimied smartphone plan which comes with 300 SMS

$65 a month for 300 min + fav 5 (Google Voice FTW!) + unlimited smartphone plan that comes with 300 SMS

The iPhone starts at just $70 subsidized!

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
If this really is a plan to vault T-mobile out of 4th place, I doubt that a subsidized n900 is going to do the trick. Well, for T-mobile's sake I hope that isn't all that they have up their sleeves.

Perhaps something that shakes things up more fundamentally is brewing? Maybe a significant change to the business model? An alliance or acquisition of some sort? A game-changing leap in network quality/technology?

I believe it might be the acquisition of Spring (with the training of CDMA phones) or 4G is going to be implemented!

Haha if TMobile acquired Spring that would just mean someone would have to acquire Summer, Fall, and Winter. =P

But anyway, I don't think TMobile acquiring Sprint would help them that much. Sure in marketshare it would, but it would present headaches as they try to make their GSM and Sprint's CDMA networks compatible. 4G being implemented would be awesome, and would make sense with an affordable smartphone push (not necessarily the n900 but Android Phones, maybe a Pre, etc..)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Or the iPhone is coming T-Mobile... Remember AT&T's exclusivity ends 2010!

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Forget a Tmo N900. They are not going to sell one unless locked down and can only use their rom. They will not want the customer sevice issues that could result for an unlocked device.

Better off paying the $200 extra and no contract rather than dealing with trying to break into the device to be open OS.

It could be. Considering that TMobile's and AT&T networks are more compatible then Sprint or Verizon. Not mention acquiring Sprint wouldn't really launch you to 3rd place. It just meant you became defacto #3 just as if Sprint were to go out of business.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal

a few possibilities I see

1. iphone coming to tmobile
2. much cheaper plans for unsubsidized phones
3. 4g

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
a few possibilities I see

1. iphone coming to tmobile
2. much cheaper plans for unsubsidized phones
3. 4g
I really doubt any of these will come save a 4g announcement. Maybe it will be a roll out schedule for the 26MPS service and maybe some new high end devices.

Tags
rumor