Notices

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Still doe not explain the point of this topic. As in, Blender 3D is ported to Maemo, or what? Wat is the relation between Blender 3D and N900/Maemo 5?
From what I understood he wants to know if he is going to be able to use Blender on the device and create games directly on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ayle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Not sure, but I do know Ton Rossendaal of Blender Foundation held a talk at the Maemo Summit

http://[2001:4860:a003::84]/search?q...clnk&gl=nllink
His talk was to explain the history of community-based development, using Blender as an example. No other connection to Maemo devices.

Last edited by Texrat; 2009-10-13 at 23:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Romania->"Land Of Choice"
@Ayle- you got my point, only that it's no need to make them(the games, only run them was the main idea) from the phone, it would take too long...

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
I am the one porting blender 2.5. At the moment, it runs. Thats about it. In its current form, its not useful for much more than basic modelling. Im working on optimizing it, but it looks like a full opengl->opengles wrapper will be needed. Stay tuned, I hope to have full functionality working in the next week or so.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shinkamui For This Useful Post:
Oh, hi shinkamui! Regards to you sir, I can't wait to see what the N900 can do with the Blender Game Engine, allot of new games would pop up thanks to you! Wish you the best and good luck!

thank you shinkamui, i am a blender artist by trade, and owner of an n900, what an awesome combination.

How is progress on this opengl->opengles wrapper?

Would it be possible to develop on a workstation and run the blender file on N900?

I am the one porting blender 2.5. At the moment, it runs. Thats about it. In its current form, its not useful for much more than basic modelling. Im working on optimizing it, but it looks like a full opengl->opengles wrapper will be needed. Stay tuned, I hope to have full functionality working in the next week or so.
Thank you very much shinkamui and good luck!
I just can't wait using blender on the n900!
Please let us know when it's ready.

Thanks shinkamui, I use blender so if you need a tester just PM me.

@allnameswereout: that link seems to be garbled could you recheck it? or is it an ipv6 address?

It's great to see people knowing what I'm talking about!